[pgrouting-dev] [SoC] Interested in Chinese Postman Problem, pgRouting project

[pgrouting-dev] [SoC] Interested in Chinese Postman Problem, pgRouting project

Maoguang Wang
Hi All,

I am a third-year undergraduate student from Xi'an Jiaotong University in China. This is my second time at GSoC.

I implemented several functions to pgRouting last year and I would love to keep contributing to pgRouting.

I read the pgRouting GSoC Ideas and did some research. Since I am more into algorithms and data structures, Chinese Postman Problem (CPP) is pretty interesting for me.

It would be very helpful if you could give me any suggestion about this problem. And, may I know what is the current status of this problem in pgRouting?

Best regards,
Maoguang Wang

Re: [pgrouting-dev] [SoC] Interested in Chinese Postman Problem, pgRouting project

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello Maoguang Wang

The current status of the Chinese Postman Problem is that its not implemented.
We would like to see your proposal.
Please make sure you follow the GSoC gidelines and the OSGeO guidelines for making a proposal.
It is my duty to mention that as this would be your second time applying to GSoC, and because the tasks mentioned on our wiki page were performed by you last year, in substitution, you challenge this year will be:
Helping on gitter explaining how to create a new function to @chahidinho (who is not applying to GSoC, but is interested on adding more functionality to pgRouting)

When you finish making a first draft of your proposal, please submit the link so that the community can review.

Regards
pgRouting Team

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Maoguang Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am a third-year undergraduate student from Xi'an Jiaotong University in China. This is my second time at GSoC.

I implemented several functions to pgRouting last year and I would love to keep contributing to pgRouting.

I read the pgRouting GSoC Ideas and did some research. Since I am more into algorithms and data structures, Chinese Postman Problem (CPP) is pretty interesting for me.

It would be very helpful if you could give me any suggestion about this problem. And, may I know what is the current status of this problem in pgRouting?

Best regards,
Maoguang Wang

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: [pgrouting-dev] [SoC] Interested in Chinese Postman Problem, pgRouting project

Maoguang Wang
Hi Vicky,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am currently delving into CPP, and I will give my first draft of the proposal as soon as possible.

I would like to help chahidinho about how to create a new function to pgRouting. I will be available on gitter.

Best regards,
Maoguang Wang