[pgrouting-dev] Hello Everyone

Chaman Agrawal
Hello ,

I am second year undergraduate at IIT Kanpur ,India.I went through the organisation's details (OSGeo) and I am specially interested in pgRouting organisation.

I went through the list of ideas and many of them are fascinating and I am really interested on working on these problems . But Multi modal routing is of special interest to me and I want to go deeper in this so please help me to get started .I went through I the problem statement but I am confused where to start should I first do the test part provided here ( https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-Ideas ) or should I study and read about Multi modal routing problem more.Please help me with this.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Chaman Agrawal
Sophomore
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur <http://iitk.ac.in/>
Mobile: +91-7318019080

Re: [pgrouting-dev] Hello Everyone

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello Charman

You should do both things at the same time. Do research about multimodal and improve your C++ skills.

Your C++ skills are crucial for adding functionality to pgRouting, specially when the idea is new. As new I mean that you will maybe have to understand papers to the extent to be able to code an idea of a possible algorithm to solve the problem.

If your C++ skills are not so good, maybe you can see at idea #14, where the algorithms are already coded and you would need to use it in pgRouting, of course if this is the case we expect more than one boost's graph algorithm to be implemented.

Vicky

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Chaman Agrawal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara