pg_restore raster workaround help

Chris Lee
Has anyone had any luck with http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.2/RT_FAQ.html#faq_raster_data_not_restore?

I have backed up a raster only schema coming from 9.4/2.2 going to 9.5/2.2. Can you please clarify "make sure to install in same schema as your backup was installed in" ?

The PostGIS extension is on public and I tried loading just the schema (rasters) before loading the data. How can I find rtpostgis_proc_set_search_path.sql ?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: pg_restore raster workaround help

Regina Obe

Which OS are you on and how did you install PostGIS e.g. via Package manager or by compile?

Which version are you running?  The script should have been included from PostGIS 2.2.2+ so it's possible you don't have it if you are not running the latest micro version.

The rtpostgis_proc_set_search_path.sql should have been installed in your PostgreSQL share/contrib/postgis-2.2 folder

If per chance it wasn't or you have an older version, I have attached the file.

The statement ""make sure to install in same schema as your backup was installed in"

Means that if say your postgis is installed in schema postgis (when you backed up), then when you do CREATE EXTENSION postgis

You should again install it in PostGIS schema and the script as well.  In hindsight, I probably should have just left that statement out since it causes more confusion than helps.

Hope that helps,

Regina

rtpostgis_proc_set_search_path.sql (49K) Download Attachment

Re: pg_restore raster workaround help

Chris Lee
Thank you, it's there and everything appears to be working. FWIW I'm on Ubuntu 14.04.4 and used a package manager to install PostGIS 2.2.2 r14797. As far as the phrase, I suspect that "Please install PostGIS and run script on the same schema that was used for PostGIS on the database you backed up" would be slightly more clear. Part of my confusion was that my backup was only a schema backup, and not the same schema.

Chris

Chris Holcomb
Master in Public Affairs, 2011
Master in Energy and Earth Resources, 2011
[hidden email]
512.496.6942