[pdal] [SoC] Week 07: Integration Of PDAL into GRASS GIS

[pdal] [SoC] Week 07: Integration Of PDAL into GRASS GIS

Paul Schrum
1. What did you get done this week?
a. Got v.in.pdal to work in its most basic task: Creating a GRASS VectorMap from a .las file using a pdal filter (which is created in code).  Fulfills Week 6 Item 2a.  Commit

d. Renamed the module on github from v_in_pdal to v.in.pdal and followed through on updating links at the 2017 Accepted Page and the Project Wiki.

c. Started working on r.in.pdal.  Fulfills Week 6 Item 2b (No commit ready for this.)

2. What do you plan on doing next week?
a. Complete the basic functionality of r.in.pdal as a refactor from the existing r.in.lidar source.

b. Set up and pass unit tests for v.in.pdal and r.in.pdal.  Carried over from Week 6.

c. Begin work on r3.in.pdal.

3. Are you blocked on anything?
Yes.  After setting up r.in.pdal and adding the #include files for Pdal, make can't find them.  I have a request in with my mentor to help me troubleshoot this as soon as possible.

Re: [pdal] [SoC] Week 07: Integration Of PDAL into GRASS GIS

wenzeslaus

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Paul Schrum <[hidden email]> wrote:

3. Are you blocked on anything?
Yes.  After setting up r.in.pdal and adding the #include files for Pdal, make can't find them.  I have a request in with my mentor to help me troubleshoot this as soon as possible.

Hi Paul, a link to a repository with code would help.

Re: [pdal] [SoC] Week 07: Integration Of PDAL into GRASS GIS

wenzeslaus

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Paul Schrum <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have set up the repository now on github:

https://github.com/PaulSchrum/r.in.pdal

The error is:

cc1: warning: command line option ‘-std=c++11’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
cc1: warning: command line option ‘-std=c++11’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
In file included from .../pdal/StageFactory.hpp:38:0,
                 from main.c:34:
.../pdal/Stage.hpp:37:16: fatal error: list: No such file or directory

You are trying to compile C++ code (specifically the Stage.cpp headers) as C which results in header `list` not being found (line 37 -> #include <list> -> list: No such file or directory).

Rename main.c to main.cpp.

- Paul