[pdal] PDAL Extraction / Un-compression

David Lewis
Hello,

I am attempting to use PDAL to perform some processing and conversion on  a large SLPK file. Extracting the file into the temporary directory of the local machine is not viable and I was wondering if there was any way to direct the file extraction to a different location, such as a network drive. I have read through the documentation, but I don't seem to have located anything like this option. Is there some viable way of achieving this?

Thank you for your time,
David Lewis
Undergraduate Imaging Science
Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science
Rochester Institute of Technology

Re: [pdal] PDAL Extraction / Un-compression

David Lewis
I'm trying to read the file so that I can save out a smaller subset of the points using a Crop filter. The problem is that the file is much too large for PDAL to extract to my temporary folder when it tries to initially read in the file.

I'm hoping there is some way to direct PDAL to extract the file in a different location instead of the temporary files folder.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 11:50 AM Andrew Bell <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

SLPK files are really gzip files inside an uncompressed zip archive.  The current code extracts the gzip file from the zip archive by writing it to a temporary location.  You should be able to use the TMP or TEMP environment variable to set the path as you choose.

In the future it may be possible to eliminate the temporary file creation, but the current behavior of the code is as described above.

Hope that helps,