[pdal] Identify ground points: filter.mongus

[pdal] Identify ground points: filter.mongus

Silvia Franceschi-2
Dear all,
I would ask you if the filter.mongus is really deprecated or not, because I tried to run a pipeline with this command but I got the following message:
"writers.las: legacy flags an extended flags are not identical".

Is this a problem of the data or the pipeline or is it because the filter do not exists anymore and therefore the result is incompatible with the writer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi
Via Roma, 64

tel: 0039 -3384501332

Re: [pdal] Identify ground points: filter.mongus

Silvia Franceschi-2
I am using Pdal 1.8 in Conda,
I tried to update it with the last version using the command mentioned in the documentation page but it would not get the new version.
Probably I should have to reinstall all the Conda environment or make something special with the source packages, but I am not so smart to do that and I really need to have a PDAL environment working, so, for the moment I stopped at the 1.8... :-(

Do you think that the error message is due to the lack of the module?

Thanks a lot.

Silvia

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM Bradley Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael Smith
Silvia,
Look at this and see if it’s consistent with your pipeline https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/2410

Michael Smith

On Jul 11, 2019, at 7:07 AM, Silvia Franceschi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank Michael,
I tried different work around for the problem
1. writing the output of the filters.outliers with the flag "minor_version" : 1
2. including the filters.outliers in the same pipeline, this would avoid the reading and writing procedure
3. including the filters.outliers in the same pipeline, and changing one parameter of the ouliers

But unfortunately nothing changed and I still have the same issue.

Thanks again for the help!

Silvia

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Anyway thanks for the help and quick response!

I will go on with the other filters (pmf and smrf) which seems to work well with the same input data.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Silvia

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Silvia Franceschi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyway thanks for the help and quick response!

I will go on with the other filters (pmf and smrf) which seems to work well with the same input data.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Silvia

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Andrew Bell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mike's response is correct.  This has nothing to do with mongus.  As the message says, it's referring to an issue with reading your LAS input.  I don't have anything to offer other than what has already been suggested in https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/2410.

Oh, I missed that this is with the writer.  Apologies.

The broken LAZ compressor is sensitive to the data.  It doesn't have anything to do with the specifics of the filter.  You could simply rearrange the points and the problem might appear/disappear.  Still, the only fix is to upgrade PDAL to work around the issue.  Sorry.

--
Andrew Bell

Re: [pdal] Identify ground points: filter.mongus

Silvia Franceschi-2
Thank you!
So I will try to change some parameter... let's try to find if it runs! :-D

Silvia