[pdal] Filters on LiDAR data for vegetation cover

[pdal] Filters on LiDAR data for vegetation cover

Silvia Franceschi-2
Dear all,
is there someone who is working with point cloud data to extract the DTM in areas with high vegetation cover?
Do you have experience on which of the different filters available in the PDAL is better to use? which values of the parameters did you use?

Do you know if there are papers available on applications on these use cases?

Any suggestion is appreciated! :-D

Regards

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi
Via Latemar, 22

tel: 0039 -3384501332

Re: [pdal] Filters on LiDAR data for vegetation cover

ginetto
Hi silvia

with my limitated experience in this area I would do

1) filter only last points
2) filter with pmf or smpf... and here you have to play with parameters
reading experience, there is no a generic set of parameters, because they depend on the size of objects you want to "remove", sensor noise, terain conformation and point of view espect the terrain

=> you have to check the parameters :(

you can read may papers related with pmf... no idea about papers specific to high vegetation cover.

cheers

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 12:02, Silvia Franceschi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
is there someone who is working with point cloud data to extract the DTM in areas with high vegetation cover?
Do you have experience on which of the different filters available in the PDAL is better to use? which values of the parameters did you use?

Do you know if there are papers available on applications on these use cases?

Any suggestion is appreciated! :-D

Regards

Silvia

--
ing. Silvia Franceschi
Via Latemar, 22
38030 Castello di Fiemme (TN)

tel: 0039 -3384501332

Re: [pdal] Filters on LiDAR data for vegetation cover

Silvia Franceschi-2
Thanks Luigi,
it is exactly what I am doing, but regarding filters, I noticed that there are many other filters and I was wondering if there were something else to use specifically for vegetation or dense cover.

I am also reading some papers, it is hard to find specific tests on vegetation, the buildings seems to be more interesting!!! :-D

Hear you soon!!
Ciao

Silvia