ossimSarSensorModel

Julien Michel-2
Dear OSSIM developers,

I have a few questions regarding the ossimSarSensorModel class (for
which OSSIM does not seem to ship any practical implementation) :

1) Single ORP, OutputPlaneNormal and OutputPlaneXaxis

The first step of the lineSampleHeightToWorld method is to convert image
point (line, sample) to output plane using the computeOPFromImage()
method. In this method, a simple offset/scale is performed with respect
to the Output Reference Point, along OutputPlaneNormal and
outputPlaneXaxis. However, if I understand well what slant plane is, the
OutputPlaneNormal and outputPlaneXaxis vector are defined with respect
to sensor position and velocity. In stripmap mode, there is therefore
one slant plane for each line ... Maybe this sensor model only applies
to spotlight imagery ?

It seems to me that the model considers the sensor trajectory is linear
for the slant plane definition, but uses polynomial interpolation to
describe the sensor position ...

2) theAcquisitionMode

This is a mandatory parameter for the model (if not found, the model
construction will fail) but ... It is not used anywhere in the code.
Supported mode are SCAN and SPOT, but I do not see any switch in the
code related to these modes.

I am trying to figure out if this class could be a better shaped code
than the ossimPlugins code to implement a new Sentinel1 model, but I
still can not understand if it can apply even to basic stripmap imagery.
If we look at ossimRS1Model (yet another SAR model implementation), the
Output Reference Point is interpolated from a grid or from polynomials ...

Do you have anything that may enlighten me ?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Julien

--
Julien MICHEL
CNES - DCT/SI/AP

Re: ossimSarSensorModel

DBurken@Radiantblue.com
Hi Julien,

Unfortunately the only concrete implementations are not releasable.  I
forwarded this to Dave Hicks, the author. Hoping he will respond.

DB