ossim coverity static analysis

12

ossim coverity static analysis

rashadkm
Hello All,

I had registered ossim project for coverity scan[1] as the service is free for open source projects. Coverity does static analaysis of the source and detects all mem leak, uninitialized variable; buffers and lot more.

The current defect density is 1.49 with a total of 651 defects, out of which 651 are oustanding defects!

I added to Mark, David and Garret to the coverity page for ossim.
If any want to have a look at it, let me know. I must warn/inform that looking into coverity's report is not a picnic!. Welll, sometimes yes...  So you cannot blame me or yourself :)

Happy-defects....

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/4569?tab=overview

   Rashad

Re: ossim coverity static analysis

David Burken
Hi Rashad,

Hey that's pretty cool!  Just fixed a "dead code" issue.  I'll try to go through them all and fix...

Thanks,
Dave

On 03/24/2015 12:39 PM, Rashad M wrote:
Hello All,

I had registered ossim project for coverity scan[1] as the service is free for open source projects. Coverity does static analaysis of the source and detects all mem leak, uninitialized variable; buffers and lot more.

The current defect density is 1.49 with a total of 651 defects, out of which 651 are oustanding defects!

I added to Mark, David and Garret to the coverity page for ossim.
If any want to have a look at it, let me know. I must warn/inform that looking into coverity's report is not a picnic!. Welll, sometimes yes...  So you cannot blame me or yourself :)

Happy-defects....

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/4569?tab=overview

   Rashad

Re: ossim coverity static analysis

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Guys:

That is nice!  Thank you Rashad!

Dave,  I can help too

Take care

Garrett

On Mar 25, 2015, at 4:58 AM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Manuel Grizonnet-2
FYI there are lots of defects which were fixed in OSSIM plugins included in OTB tree (last stable release is 4.4).

Don't know how plugins are handled in ossim tree but it would perhaps help to sync both directories.

[...]

Mac installer Yosemite

James E. Hopper-2
Garrett do you have a recent build of OSSIM tools for mac Yosemite by any chance?

Best jim

Re: Mac installer Yosemite

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Jim:

Hard to do that.  I basically build most of my stuff to brew now.

Take care

Garrett

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 1:20 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Garrett do you have a recent build of OSSIM tools for mac Yosemite by any chance?
>
> Best jim

Re: Mac installer Yosemite

James E. Hopper-2
Garrett. Ok so I installed it. Do you have a list of what I need to install with brew to build OSSIM?

Thanks jim

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Jim:
>
> Hard to do that.  I basically build most of my stuff to brew now.
>

> Take care
>
> Garrett
>
>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 1:20 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Garrett do you have a recent build of OSSIM tools for mac Yosemite by any chance?
>>
>> Best jim

Re: Mac installer Yosemite

James E. Hopper-2
Garrett, I got most of dependencies installed but I have a few question.

1 do I use the brew qt instance or does OSSIM need an older version still?

2 OSG is not in brew what version should I use?

Thanks jim

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Jim:
>
> Hard to do that.  I basically build most of my stuff to brew now.
>

> Take care
>
> Garrett
>
>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 1:20 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Garrett do you have a recent build of OSSIM tools for mac Yosemite by any chance?
>>
>> Best jim

Re: Mac installer Yosemite

James E. Hopper-2
Ok sorry found OSG in brew. Is the version of that and Qt ok with OSSIM?

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 7:01 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Garrett, I got most of dependencies installed but I have a few question.
>
> 1 do I use the brew qt instance or does OSSIM need an older version still?
>
> 2 OSG is not in brew what version should I use?
>
> Thanks jim
>

>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Jim:
>>
>> Hard to do that.  I basically build most of my stuff to brew now.
>>

>> Take care
>>
>> Garrett
>>
>>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 1:20 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Garrett do you have a recent build of OSSIM tools for mac Yosemite by any chance?
>>>
>>> Best jim

Re: Mac installer Yosemite

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Jim:

Been out of commission.  I think most of the dependencies were from brew now.  Just have to add the taps.

Let me know

Take care

Garrett

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 7:22 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok sorry found OSG in brew. Is the version of that and Qt ok with OSSIM?
>

>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 7:01 PM, James E. Hopper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Garrett, I got most of dependencies installed but I have a few question.
>>
>> 1 do I use the brew qt instance or does OSSIM need an older version still?
>>
>> 2 OSG is not in brew what version should I use?
>>
>> Thanks jim
>>

>>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Jim:
>>>
>>> Hard to do that.  I basically build most of my stuff to brew now.
>>>

>>> Take care
>>>
>>> Garrett

Re: ossim coverity static analysis

rashadkm
Hello,

I created a wiki page to keep track of updates. Please feel free to edit!

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hello Rashad:

Is there a way to run another scan?

Take care

Garrett

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Rashad:

Is there a way to run another scan?

Yes indeed.

You can submit new builds from here: https://scan.coverity.com/projects/4569/builds/new

To prepare a build, you need coverity build tool: https://scan.coverity.com/download?tab=cxx

The page also contains howto on submitting a new build.

FYI, I had submitted a new build yesterday night. Haven't checked the status yet.

[...]

I must be doing something wrong on my MAC.

I get something like:

[WARNING] 31 C/C++ compilation units (3%) are ready for analysis

I have not tried to upload but on the coverity site it says it will not accept anything under 85%.

Take care

Garrett

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Rashad:

I must be doing something wrong on my MAC.

I get something like:

[WARNING] 31 C/C++ compilation units (3%) are ready for analysis

And there is nothing wrong with cov-int/build-log.txt ?

What is the size of cov-int  directory ? For me, it is 218 Mb.

If I could take a guess that you are not using gcc on MAC, you might meet to run cov-configure

The Coverity Build Tool comes pre-configured for gcc, msvc, java and csc (C#). For other compilers, please run cov-configure as described below
cov-configure --comptype [compiler type] --compiler [full pathname to the compiler]

See custom compiler configuration.

Hope that helps.

[...]

Yes,  ben trying the comptype settings for clang.   No go.  We have a linux machine Dave is doing right now.  It appears to be running properly.  Will see after it finishes.

Take care and thank you!

Garrett

[...]

Hi Manuel,

I sync them on occasion.  I did a workspace diff Friday between the OTB tree(latest from mercurial) and the ossim_plugins/ossim module and updated the Pleiades support data class.  The coverity scan found an issue in the RS2 model that I fixed.  There are a couple of more "high" impacts in the plugin.  I'll try and fix them next week.

Dave

[...]

Hi David,

thanks for the update. One question, did you update the OSSIM trunk after the synchronization? I do not find the commit in the OSSIM svn tree (it seems that the last update of Pleiades support data was done 2 years ago). I look perhaps at the wrong place...

I add in copy otb developers as we're just discussing recently about the inclusion of a local version of ossim plugins in OTB source tree (current situation). We could perhaps in a later version of OTB use directly the ossim plugins in ossim sources if both are sync.

Manu

[...]

No I didn't look at the ossim trunk.  I'll check that out though and try to sync as best as I can.  I'll shoot you email when I do it.

Take care,
Dave