ossim-chip and color-relief

epifanio
Hi,

tring to use oasis-chip to generate a colored ahded relief, I’m using the following command:

ossim-chipper --azimuth 320 \
              --elevation 45 \
              --exaggeration 10.0 \
              --op color-relief \
              --color-table ossim-dem-color-table-template.kwl \
              --input-dem SRTM_fB03_p011r031.tiff \
              color-relief.jpg -P /usr/local/share/ossim/ossim_preference

the input file and the color map are available at: :

ossim-dem-color-table-template.kwl  [1]
SRTM_fB03_p011r031.tiff  [2]

I’m not able to generate a proper color-relief product, all I got is a gray image.
I’m pretty sure I used this exact command in past version of ossim (~last spring) with excellent result.
Am I using it in a wrong way? Do you have a place where to share user-contibuited color map ?

To test ossim-chip, I tried the hillside operator and it seems to work properly, the following:

ossim-chipper --color 111 111 111 \
               --azimuth 225 \
               --elevation 45 \
               --exaggeration 4.0 \
               --op hillshade \
               --input-dem SRTM_fB03_p011r031.tiff \
               hillshade.jpg -P /usr/local/share/ossim/ossim_preference

prints errors in std error msg because the source file has a lot of null values, but the final product looks correct [3]:
ossimImageData::loadTile ERROR:Source tile buff is null!
ossimImageData::loadTile ERROR:Source tile buff is null!

[3] http://postimg.org/image/jod2dszi9/

Thanks for your help!

Massimo.

Re: ossim-chip and color-relief

DBurken@Radiantblue.com
There's an extra f in riff. Is that just a typo?

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

Re: ossim-chip and color-relief

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Massimo:

I’ll peep at it first thing in the AM or tonight.  Will download the data and try it.

Take care

Garrett

On Nov 8, 2015, at 9:36 AM, massimo di stefano <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Just verified that the hillshade seems to be good but the color relief is no long working properly.   We will work it and let ya know when the checkin is made.  I’ll patch the 1.8.20 and merge into trunk and git. develop branch

Take care

Garrett

On Nov 8, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Garrett Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Massio,

Fixed this in svn trunk, 1.8.20 branch, and ossimlabs master.

Dave