[osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

[osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear everyone,

OSGeo-PH were given a full day slot to conduct FOSS4G workshops as a
pre-event to the PhilGEOS 2012 symposium. The workshop will be on Nov
22, 2012 at the UPD-GE Labs.  I've talked to some people to handle
some workshop topics.  If anyone is willing to lead or assist in any
of the workshop, please add your name and topic in the wiki.

Note that the initial topics are not final.  It will largely depend to
the availability of the facilitators.  We also need people to assist
in the preparation of the exhibit materials.

--
cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012

Sorry wikilink here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> OSGeo-PH were given a full day slot to conduct FOSS4G workshops as a
> pre-event to the PhilGEOS 2012 symposium. The workshop will be on Nov
> 22, 2012 at the UPD-GE Labs.  I've talked to some people to handle
> some workshop topics.  If anyone is willing to lead or assist in any
> of the workshop, please add your name and topic in the wiki.
>
> Note that the initial topics are not final.  It will largely depend to
> the availability of the facilitators.  We also need people to assist
> in the preparation of the exhibit materials.
>
> --
> cheers,
> maning
> wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/
> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear everyone and workshop leads,

We are now trying to finalize the initial list of topics for the
FOSS4G workshops @ PHilGEOS.  The list of topics are listed here [0]:

May I request the workshop facilitators to add more details in their
assigned topic.  Specifically:

- Topic - a catchy title
- Participants - how many can you accommodate/handle?
- Description - what the participants should expect in your workshop?

Do you have specific needs for the workshop (ie. a  working wifi,
pre-installed software, etc.)?

We plan to post an announcement to the main philgeos website and a
separate confirmation form by the end of the week.

Thanks!

[0] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012#FOSS4G_Workshop_Topics
[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012#Venue_and_available_facilities

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> OSGeo-PH were given a full day slot to conduct FOSS4G workshops as a
> pre-event to the PhilGEOS 2012 symposium. The workshop will be on Nov
> 22, 2012 at the UPD-GE Labs.  I've talked to some people to handle
> some workshop topics.  If anyone is willing to lead or assist in any
> of the workshop, please add your name and topic in the wiki.
>
> Note that the initial topics are not final.  It will largely depend to
> the availability of the facilitators.  We also need people to assist
> in the preparation of the exhibit materials.
>
> --
> cheers,
> maning
> wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/
> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear Jules,

Do you somebody in mind to lead the GRASS GIS and Ushahidi workshop?
Please add them in the wiki.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Julius Millano Bañgate
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Noticed that there is no discussion on remote sensing in the preconference.
> Can Grass be included as well?
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jules
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Julius Millano Bañgate
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can crowd mapping with ushahidi via crowdmap be discussed in the workshop?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jules
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM, maning sambale
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear everyone and workshop leads,
>>>
>>> We are now trying to finalize the initial list of topics for the
>>> FOSS4G workshops @ PHilGEOS.  The list of topics are listed here [0]:
>>>
>>> May I request the workshop facilitators to add more details in their
>>> assigned topic.  Specifically:
>>>
>>> - Topic - a catchy title
>>> - Participants - how many can you accommodate/handle?
>>> - Description - what the participants should expect in your workshop?
>>>
>>> Do you have specific needs for the workshop (ie. a  working wifi,
>>> pre-installed software, etc.)?
>>>
>>> We plan to post an announcement to the main philgeos website and a
>>> separate confirmation form by the end of the week.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> [0]
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012#FOSS4G_Workshop_Topics
>>> [1]
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012#Venue_and_available_facilities

>>> --
>>> cheers,
>>> maning
>>> "Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden
>>> wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/
>>> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear Jules,

During the meeting with Sir Ariel, Marx and RK last Friday, we agreed
that we list all the possible topics. The list will be included in the
registration form.  Participants can then pre-select the topic they
want to attend (say a maximum of 4 sessions) we can then pick the most
popular ones as the final list of topics.  Ideally, we can choose 8
2hour topics using two rooms.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Julius Millano Bañgate
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Maning,
>
> I can volunteer also for the grass and ushahidi/crowdmap workshop ;)
> Kaya pa kaya with all the topics?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jules
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM, maning sambale
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Jules,
>>
>> Do you somebody in mind to lead the GRASS GIS and Ushahidi workshop?
>> Please add them in the wiki.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Julius Millano Bañgate
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Noticed that there is no discussion on remote sensing in the
>> > preconference.
>> > Can Grass be included as well?
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Jules

>> --
>> cheers,
>> maning
>> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear Sir Ariel,

As agreed last Friday,  the initial list of topics for the FOSS4G
workshops is available in our wiki [0].  May I request that the
PhilGEOS organizing committee to start disseminating the information
to the PhilGEOS website and prepare a webform for people to
pre-register.  Depending on the result of the poll, we can then
prioritize the final topics and assign rooms.

Thanks!

[0] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012#Overview

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Maning,
>
> I can volunteer also for the grass and ushahidi/crowdmap workshop ;)
> Kaya pa kaya with all the topics?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jules
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM, maning sambale
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Jules,
>>
>> Do you somebody in mind to lead the GRASS GIS and Ushahidi workshop?
>> Please add them in the wiki.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Julius Millano Bañgate
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Noticed that there is no discussion on remote sensing in the
>> > preconference.
>> > Can Grass be included as well?
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Jules

>> --
>> cheers,
>> maning
>> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] PhilGEOS 2012 FOSS4G pre-symposium workshop topics and leads

maning sambale
Dear everyone,

Thank you for the blog announcement of the FOSS4G workshops [0].  One
small correction on my name [1], it should be "Maning Sambale" not
"Manning" as I'm not related to any free surface flow coefficient. ;)

Thanks!

[0] http://philgeos2012.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/osgeo-ph-and-the-philgeos-2012-organizing-team-to-host-a-series-of-pre-symposium-workshops-on-nov-22/
[1] http://philgeos2012.wordpress.com/pre-symposium-workshops/topics/