[osgeo-ph] OSGeo booth in PhilGEOS Symposium

[osgeo-ph] OSGeo booth in PhilGEOS Symposium

maning sambale
Dear everyone,

We were given a booth in the exhibit hall of the PhilGEOS Symposium
this coming Nov 23-24.  Please share your ideas on what we should
install in the booth.
What I have in mind is to use the exhibition pack fund provided by the
OSGeo Marketing committee [1].  If there is anybody in the group who
is willing to share the load in the preparation and manning the booth,
let me know.

Thanks!

[0] http://philgeos2012.wordpress.com/
[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au2WZQ1DwK_xdE83RER6RF9wZW9vQ3ZnX0FKMHNQLVE
--
cheers,
maning
RK

Re: [osgeo-ph] OSGeo booth in PhilGEOS Symposium

RK
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM, maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear everyone,

We were given a booth in the exhibit hall of the PhilGEOS Symposium
this coming Nov 23-24.  Please share your ideas on what we should
install in the booth.
What I have in mind is to use the exhibition pack fund provided by the
OSGeo Marketing committee [1].  If there is anybody in the group who
is willing to share the load in the preparation and manning the booth,
let me know.

Thanks!

I'm willing to help with manning the booth. What about the preparation? What does it entail?

As for the booth, I think it would be nice kung may demo/kiosk tayo ng OSGeo Live 6 na DVD. To show what open source tools are capable of. CD/DVDs din seguro? We should be able to burn DVDs for interested people. Or at least make live USBs for them.

[0] http://philgeos2012.wordpress.com/
[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au2WZQ1DwK_xdE83RER6RF9wZW9vQ3ZnX0FKMHNQLVE
--
cheers,
maning

Romer Kristi D. Aranas
Graduate Student
Master of Science in Geomatics Engineering
Department of Geodetic Engineering
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City

Re: [osgeo-ph] OSGeo booth in PhilGEOS Symposium

maning sambale
Thanks RK for stepping-up.  I created a page for coordinating the preparation:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012

We will be sharing a booth with the OSM Philippines chapter.  I also
listed what we need to prepare.  We have a small budget for printing
the materials and the other consumables such as the Live DVD.

Any recommendations for a local shop to produce the Live DVD including
cover and sleeve?  I want it to look as polished as possible. If not,
we can always produce it in house.

Please add your thoughts here or better in the wiki.

--
cheers,
maning