/osgeo/download on osgeo6

Sandro Santilli-4
Looking for space to store a quick backup of mailman data
on OSGeo6 machine I found a partition mounted as /osgeo/download
but apparently unsed. It contains a "qgis" directory and a "osgeo4w"
directory. The "osgeo4w" was last modified on April 2020 by Frank,
but I don't find any apache configuration pointing to those
directories.

Frank: do you recall what you did in April ? Can you help me
understand if those directories are still useful or we can drop them ?

--strk;

Re: /osgeo/download on osgeo6

Markus Neteler
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:45 PM Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking for space to store a quick backup of mailman data
> on OSGeo6 machine I found a partition mounted as /osgeo/download
> but apparently unsed. It contains a "qgis" directory and a "osgeo4w"
> directory. The "osgeo4w" was last modified on April 2020 by Frank,
> but I don't find any apache configuration pointing to those
> directories.
>
> Frank: do you recall what you did in April ? Can you help me
> understand if those directories are still useful or we can drop them ?

(Un)related question:

root@osgeo6:/var/www# du -hs /var/www/DEPRECATED/*
16G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/gdal
24G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/svn
2.0G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/trac

--> i.e., 41GB in total

and not too much space left:

root@osgeo6:/var/www$ df -h .
Filesystem              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/ogdata-www   75G   72G  3.7G  96% /var/www

Shall /var/www/DEPRECATED/ be kept?

Markus

Re: /osgeo/download on osgeo6

Sandro Santilli-4
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 03:14:09PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:45 PM Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Looking for space to store a quick backup of mailman data
> > on OSGeo6 machine I found a partition mounted as /osgeo/download
> > but apparently unsed. It contains a "qgis" directory and a "osgeo4w"
> > directory. The "osgeo4w" was last modified on April 2020 by Frank,
> > but I don't find any apache configuration pointing to those
> > directories.
> >
> > Frank: do you recall what you did in April ? Can you help me
> > understand if those directories are still useful or we can drop them ?
> >

> (Un)related question:
>
> root@osgeo6:/var/www# du -hs /var/www/DEPRECATED/*
> 16G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/gdal
> 24G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/svn
> 2.0G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/trac
>
> --> i.e., 41GB in total
>
> and not too much space left:
>
> root@osgeo6:/var/www$ df -h .
> Filesystem              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/ogdata-www   75G   72G  3.7G  96% /var/www
>
> Shall /var/www/DEPRECATED/ be kept?

I think we can wipe it, I created that directory while doing
cleanups last week with Regina. Since nobody complained about
anything missing, we can drop.

--strk;

Re: /osgeo/download on osgeo6

Alex Mandel-2
Regina can correct if I'm mis-remembering. Back before we containerized
osgeo download, in order to get it more space we NFS mounted space from
osgeo6 the the osgeo3 download virtual machine.

So this is probably safe to remove, You can always double check that the
current contents are actually served from the download container (on
osgeo7?)

Thanks,
Alex

On 11/20/20 6:20 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 03:14:09PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:45 PM Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking for space to store a quick backup of mailman data
>>> on OSGeo6 machine I found a partition mounted as /osgeo/download
>>> but apparently unsed. It contains a "qgis" directory and a "osgeo4w"
>>> directory. The "osgeo4w" was last modified on April 2020 by Frank,
>>> but I don't find any apache configuration pointing to those
>>> directories.
>>>
>>> Frank: do you recall what you did in April ? Can you help me
>>> understand if those directories are still useful or we can drop them ?
>>>

>> (Un)related question:
>>
>> root@osgeo6:/var/www# du -hs /var/www/DEPRECATED/*
>> 16G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/gdal
>> 24G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/svn
>> 2.0G    /var/www/DEPRECATED/trac
>>
>> --> i.e., 41GB in total
>>
>> and not too much space left:
>>
>> root@osgeo6:/var/www$ df -h .
>> Filesystem              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/mapper/ogdata-www   75G   72G  3.7G  96% /var/www
>>
>> Shall /var/www/DEPRECATED/ be kept?
>
> I think we can wipe it, I created that directory while doing
> cleanups last week with Regina. Since nobody complained about
> anything missing, we can drop.
>
> --strk;

Re: /osgeo/download on osgeo6

Regina Obe
> Regina can correct if I'm mis-remembering. Back before we containerized
> osgeo download, in order to get it more space we NFS mounted space from
> osgeo6 the the osgeo3 download virtual machine.

> So this is probably safe to remove, You can always double check that the
> current contents are actually served from the download container (on
> osgeo7?)

Correct the whole download container is holding the full download folder.
We are not using any mounted drives anymore since we have enough space with
the new setup.
It's capped at 2 TB.

Probably best to ask J├╝rgen Fischer though as I think he was the one to set
it up.  I know he still had some rsync mirroring going on, but I think that
might be to osgeo5 (backup server).

Thanks,
Regina