open curriculum listings

geomenke
I have worked with Science Education Solutions ( https://scieds.com/ )  to develop an open earth science curriculum intended to teach about tropical cyclones via GIS, specifically QGIS. It contains 4 units:
  1. Recipe for a Cyclone
  2. The Life of a Cyclone
  3. Hurricane Hazards
  4. Hurricane Sandy
I remember the OsGeo site having a long list of open educational resources. Since the redesign all I see is this

We are looking for places to distribute this and make it widely available.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Best,
Kurt

**************************

Kurt Menke
Bird’s Eye View
QGIS Certified Trainer
3016 Santa Clara Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106

www.BirdsEyeViewGIS.com

Re: open curriculum listings

Suchith Anand

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for the email and information on the course. Yes, we did have a repository in our old website  but after redesign it is not working as far as I know. Your message is timely as we will have this as a agenda item for GeoForAll meeting to help find a solution asap.

Jody, Victoria, Peter, If you are at FOSS4G next week please take time to meet and discuss ideas for this. My suggestion is if needed please request for OSGeo budget to get GetInteractive (the people who redesigned the website) to help put the old repository and contents to the new website asa priority. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: open curriculum listings

jody.garnett
The facilities are in place, up load the content as resources to the new website. I think their is sufficient ability to cross link it to GeoForAll :)

Migrating content was a community activity for GeoForAll to organize, although the committee can certainly hire one of their members, or getinteractive to do the work.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 8:31 AM Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for the email and information on the course. Yes, we did have a repository in our old website  but after redesign it is not working as far as I know. Your message is timely as we will have this as a agenda item for GeoForAll meeting to help find a solution asap.

Jody, Victoria, Peter, If you are at FOSS4G next week please take time to meet and discuss ideas for this. My suggestion is if needed please request for OSGeo budget to get GetInteractive (the people who redesigned the website) to help put the old repository and contents to the new website asa priority. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

Suchith Anand

Hi Jody,

Thanks for the information. Could you please send the url link of the repository (I couldn't find it). Apologies if I missed something . Then we can put the url in the GeoForAll main page and we will arrange the community to populate it . No need for GetInteractive then.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

Suchith Anand

Also if the url and details can be send this week, we can reach out to the FOSS4G Travel grant participants 2019 to see if they can help populate the repository. What do you think?

Thanks for the information. Could you please send the url link of the repository (I couldn't find it). Apologies if I missed something . Then we can put the url in the GeoForAll main page and we will arrange the community to populate it . No need for GetInteractive then.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

jody.garnett
The website contains resources here: https://www.osgeo.org/resources/

The page can be filtered to show only GeoForAll content.

Some pages like newsletters list this content also (this list should be automatic and that is worth hiring GetInteractive for).

There are also connections between resources and labs:

--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 09:15, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jody,

Thanks for the information. Could you please send the url link of the repository (I couldn't find it). Apologies if I missed something . Then we can put the url in the GeoForAll main page and we will arrange the community to populate it . No need for GetInteractive then.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

jody.garnett
Of course, they can publish to the resources page and just be sure to mark the resource as GeoForAll (and cross link to a GeoForAll lab if appropriate).
--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 08:09, Kurt Menke <[hidden email]> wrote:
I remember the OsGeo site having a long list of open educational resources. Since the redesign all I see is this

Just commenting on this specific page, ideally I would like to see it automatically cross link to resources so the page does not need to be edited and additional institutions can be included.

Re: open curriculum listings

Suchith Anand

Thanks. As I am doing many work, I sometimes forget things, so thank you for reminding me the link and details. Is there any way to check if we  transferred all the contents from the old repository? Is there link of the old repository somewhere?

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

jody.garnett
I did not take part in migrating GeoForAll content so I am not sure.

The old osgeo website is here: http://old.www.osgeo.org
I could not find the old geoforall website.
--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 09:58, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks. As I am doing many work, I sometimes forget things, so thank you for reminding me the link and details. Is there any way to check if we  transferred all the contents from the old repository? Is there link of the old repository somewhere?

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: open curriculum listings

Helena Mitasova-7
It was tricky but I found the old edu content inventory based on the link for the old osgeo website

http://old.www.osgeo.org/educational_content

I think the idea for the new website was to get a clean start, because quite a bit of the material in the old catalog was obsolete and the links were broken. We submitted our updated material under the resources (e.g. you get it when you search for GRASS or UAV)
> https://www.osgeo.org/resources/

So Kurt I suggest that you provide the link to your material there.

Helena

> On Aug 21, 2019, at 1:06 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I did not take part in migrating GeoForAll content so I am not sure.
>
> The old osgeo website is here: http://old.www.osgeo.org
> I could not find the old geoforall website.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 09:58, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks. As I am doing many work, I sometimes forget things, so thank you for reminding me the link and details. Is there any way to check if we  transferred all the contents from the old repository? Is there link of the old repository somewhere?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208