on the fly projection

orkun
hello

I am wondering if a map file  enables us to on the fly projection.

I have input raster data in epsg :4326 storing in postgis  but output raster
map should be in epsg:3857 as tif.

regards

--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.

________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

Re: on the fly projection

Jörg Thomsen
hello,

ist does. you have to define the output projection within the metadata:
http://mapserver.org/de/ogc/wms_server.html#setting-up-a-wms-server-using-mapserver

Reprojection is fast, but if you know which projection your users need,
it is faster to reproject the rasters in your data storage.

Jörg

Am 08.06.2015 um 11:08 schrieb Ahmet Temiz:

> hello
>
> I am wondering if a map file  enables us to on the fly projection.
>
> I have input raster data in epsg :4326 storing in postgis  but output raster
> map should be in epsg:3857 as tif.
>

> regards
>

> --
> Ahmet Temiz
> Jeoloji Müh.
> Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
> Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu
>

> ________________________
>
> Ahmet Temiz
> Geological Eng.
> Information Systems - GIS Group
> Disaster and Emergency Management
> of Presidency

Re: on the fly projection

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2015-06-08 6:08 AM, Ahmet Temiz wrote:
> hello
>
> I am wondering if a map file  enables us to on the fly projection.
> I have input raster data in epsg :4326 storing in postgis  but output raster
> map should be in epsg:3857 as tif.

A nice explanation of projection use in MapServer can be found at:
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/projection.html  Pay attention to the
"Important Notes" section of that page, which contains very useful tips.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: on the fly projection

orkun
thank you all

I was really a solution with (* powerful *) mapserver.