nominations

labrinos

Dear all,

I would like to invite you to nominate for GeoAmbassador of the Month
article, any person that you think that his/her work on Geospatial
technology is outstanding and promotes the ideals and aims of our
community.
Please send name, occupation and email address to me or Suchith Anand
([hidden email]).

Thank you very much
Niks Lambrinos

--
Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας

Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
Professor of Geography Teaching
Director of Digital Analysis and Educational Design Laboratory
President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
Faculty of Education
School of Primary Education
Dept. of Science and New Technologies
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
GR-54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310 991201
Email: [hidden email]
Web Page:     http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/
              http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/
              https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits

Re: nominations

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
Regards,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

Re: nominations

labrinos

Yes Sergio, we have the list.

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

GeoAmbassador published.docx (19K) Download Attachment

Re: nominations

Suchith Anand

Thank you Nikos.

May I request all to take some time and send your nominations for the GeoAmbassodors. We want to highlight and celebrate the amazing contributions from our global community.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: nominations

Peter Mooney
Hi everyone,

Just my own opinion on this.

Perhaps if we awarded the GeoAmbassador bi-monthly or quarterly it might make it easier to seek nominations and also give more time to reach out to potential candidates?

Perhaps we could also consider the GeoAmbassador nomination as a way of promoting early-career researchers or new members of the community - these individuals may not have the same experience or history in FOSS4G/Open Data/Open Science as more experienced members BUT they are the future of GeoForAll.

Peter

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Nikos.

May I request all to take some time and send your nominations for the GeoAmbassodors. We want to highlight and celebrate the amazing contributions from our global community.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
Sistema de relevamiento estadístico de tránsito que circula en la red vial nacional. Contiene la ubicación de los Puestos de Conteo de Vehículos y la información sobre el tránsito obtenida de dichos puestos a nivel de TPDA (transito promedio diario anual).

Antoni Pérez Navarro
I totally agree with Peter.
GeoAmbassador could be a trigger of a carreer, instead of a reconnaissance.

Best wishes,

Toni

Antoni Pérez-Navarro
Sotsdirector de Recerca de l'eLearn Center
Estudis d'Informàtica, Multimèdia i Telecomunicació
[hidden email]
orcid.org/0000-0002-7037-0635
@tonipereznavarr / https://www.linkedin.com/in/antonipereznavarro
ICSO research group
REPNIN: Spanish excellence network in indoor positioning

Rambla del Poblenou, 156
08018 Barcelona
uoc.edu
eimt.uoc.edu
facebook / twitter / linkedin /vimeo / youtube

Aquest missatge és confidencial, la difusió de les dades que inclou és regulada per la Llei orgànica de protecció de dades i la Llei de serveis de la societat de la informació. Abans d’imprimir aquest missatge electrònic penseu en el medi ambient.
Este mensaje es confidencial, la difusión de los datos que incluye está regulada por la Ley orgánica de protección de datos y la Ley de servicios de la sociedad de la información. Antes de imprimir este mensaje electrónico piensa en el medio ambiente.
This message is confidential. Dissemination of this message and its contents is regulated by the Spanish laws on Information Society Services and Data Protection. Please consider the environment before printing.

El 4 maig 2018, a les 23:25, Peter Mooney <[hidden email]> va escriure:

Hi everyone,

Just my own opinion on this.

Perhaps if we awarded the GeoAmbassador bi-monthly or quarterly it might make it easier to seek nominations and also give more time to reach out to potential candidates?

Perhaps we could also consider the GeoAmbassador nomination as a way of promoting early-career researchers or new members of the community - these individuals may not have the same experience or history in FOSS4G/Open Data/Open Science as more experienced members BUT they are the future of GeoForAll.

Peter

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Nikos.

May I request all to take some time and send your nominations for the GeoAmbassodors. We want to highlight and celebrate the amazing contributions from our global community.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
Sistema de relevamiento estadístico de tránsito que circula en la red vial nacional. Contiene la ubicación de los Puestos de Conteo de Vehículos y la información sobre el tránsito obtenida de dichos puestos a nivel de TPDA (transito promedio diario anual).

Thank you Peter, Toni for these great inputs. You are very right, we have not yet highlighted the amazing work done by early career researchers or students . They might not have the experience or history but they are the Present and the Future.  Please nominate them for GeoAmbassodor .

We are working with YouthMappers for expanding Open geoeducation ideas globally and we will use the opportunity to highlight and recognise the amazing work of student volunteers globally. All ideas welcome.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
Sistema de relevamiento estadístico de tránsito que circula en la red vial nacional. Contiene la ubicación de los Puestos de Conteo de Vehículos y la información sobre el tránsito obtenida de dichos puestos a nivel de TPDA (transito promedio diario anual).

fjbehr

I support Peters suggestion "GeoAmbassador bi-monthly or quarterly", otherweise it will be an exhaustive search and loose significance.

Best regards - Franz-Josef

Am 04.05.2018 um 23:25 schrieb Peter Mooney:
Hi everyone,

Just my own opinion on this.

Perhaps if we awarded the GeoAmbassador bi-monthly or quarterly it might make it easier to seek nominations and also give more time to reach out to potential candidates?

Perhaps we could also consider the GeoAmbassador nomination as a way of promoting early-career researchers or new members of the community - these individuals may not have the same experience or history in FOSS4G/Open Data/Open Science as more experienced members BUT they are the future of GeoForAll.

Peter

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Nikos.

May I request all to take some time and send your nominations for the GeoAmbassodors. We want to highlight and celebrate the amazing contributions from our global community.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
Sistema de relevamiento estadístico de tránsito que circula en la red vial nacional. Contiene la ubicación de los Puestos de Conteo de Vehículos y la información sobre el tránsito obtenida de dichos puestos a nivel de TPDA (transito promedio diario anual).

R: nominations

Maria Antonia Brovelli
I agree with Peter and Antoni!

Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

I send the list of the GeoAmbassadors so far.
We will be glad to have your proposal.

thank you
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you Nikos for the invitation. Do we have the list of past
> GeoAmbassadors so as to avoid repeating names?
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
Sistema de relevamiento estadístico de tránsito que circula en la red vial nacional. Contiene la ubicación de los Puestos de Conteo de Vehículos y la información sobre el tránsito obtenida de dichos puestos a nivel de TPDA (transito promedio diario anual).

Re: R: nominations

labrinos

Dear all,

Thank you very much for the excellent ideas. Suchith and I have been
discussing this and decided to go on with students, teachers and their
schools as GeoAmbassadors and Schools of the Month.
Your ideas are also welcome and I think that having these kind of
articles bi-monthly would be better. As you will see in the coming
issue there is no GeoAmbassador article.
In my opinion, there are, at least, a couple of people who should be
hosted as geoambassadors because of the work they have done so far and
then we can continue with new scientists and students/schools.

best regards
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]>:

> I agree with Peter and Antoni!
>
> Maria
>

> Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Seraphim Alvanides
All great ideas

What is we combine them? i.e. alternating established bimonthly plus early bimonthly?
So, we could end up with 6+6 (providing article to the monthly Newsletter) or 3+3, making each of them quarterly.

PS: on a personal note, I am looking to contribute more to the geo4all cause and community from 1st June onwards :-)

Regards,
Seraphim
--

On 5 May 2018 at 12:51, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

El 4 maig 2018, a les 23:25, Peter Mooney <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> va escriure: