(no subject)

Pam Sydelko-2
I am trying to extract dem data from two files that I recieved with a data
set.  If I run "m.dem.examine", I get the window, rows, cols and min./max.
elevations.  If I set my current window to fit with this window info and run
"m.dem.extract" (using blocksize 1024), I get a series of errors...
get_int: error reading number
()

or

get_float: error reading number
()

then.....

Reading Elevation Tape...
(
min elevation: 0.000000  max elevation: 0.000000
ns_res: 0.000000  ew_res: 0.000000
# of columns in file = 0

the command then goes on to create an empty raster file.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Pam (Thompson) Sydelko
Argonne National Laboratory

Re: m.dem.extract

Michael Shapiro-3

|I am trying to extract dem data from two files that I recieved with a data
|set.  If I run "m.dem.examine", I get the window, rows, cols and min./max.
|elevations.  If I set my current window to fit with this window info and run
|"m.dem.extract" (using blocksize 1024), I get a series of errors...

The m.dem.extract that went out with 4.0 has bugs in it. A fixed version
is available ftp to moon.cecer.army.mil.

Re: m.dem.extract

Pam Sydelko-2
Thanks to those who responded about the m.dem.extract.  I will try the
new version off of moon.cecer.army.mil.

Pam (Thompson) Sydelko
Argonne National Laboratory
708-252-6727