(no subject)

Sistermans, Wil
Message

Hi

I'm new in the proj4 stuff, but it looks great and it just may be what I’m looking for.

My problem: I'm an occasional Delphi programmer and now have to write some routines for some coordinate conversions, mainly datum conversions. In the future but Dutch national grid, UTM and Lambert should be possible too.

Maybe someone has done this already, and willing to help me. Think this is the quickest way to get started with Proj4.

Wil Sistermans, Analist bodemdieren / Database beheerder
E-mail: [hidden email]
Tel : +31 (0)113 577 357   (...354)

NIOO-logo

Nederlands Instituut voor Ecologie
Centrum voor Estuariene en Mariene Ecologie (NIOO-CEME)

Postadres : Postbus 140                  Bezoek adres : Korringaweg 7
                    4400 AC Yerseke                                  4401 NT Yerseke
                    The Netherlands                                     Nederland

Tel.:  +31 (0)113 577300
Fax.: +31 (0)113 573616
Web: www.nioo.knaw.nl

CEME Briefpapier.JPG (13K) Download Attachment

Re: (no subject)

Frank Warmerdam
> I'm new in the proj4  stuff, but it looks great and it just may be what I'm looking  for.
>
> My problem: I'm an  occasional Delphi programmer and now  have to write some routines for some coordinate conversions, mainly datum  conversions. In the future but Dutch national grid, UTM and Lambert should be  possible too.
>
> Maybe someone has done  this already, and willing to help me. Think this is the quickest way to get  started with Proj4.

Wil,

I am not aware of anyone using PROJ.4 from Delphi but my
understanding is that you just need to declare the entry points
"__stdcall" when compiling the code, and then DllImport them
with appropriate definitions in Delphi.  There aren't very many
important "entry points" (functions) in PROJ.4.