next meeting

12

next meeting

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Hey board,

when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in the past.

Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of the directors will be there?

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

Re: next meeting

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)
2013/9/9 Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]>:

> Hey board,
>
> when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in the past.
>
> Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of the
> directors will be there?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> --
> Bart van den Eijnden
> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

I'll arrive to Nottingham on Sunday 15. Before that this week I'm
travelling so I cannot assure to make it for a virtual meeting.

Cheers!
--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org

Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Bart,

I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.

Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
see thread at
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-meetup-td5075057.html

I was about to ask you the same question.

Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th evening?

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 4:20 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hey board,
>
> when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in the past.
>
> Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of
> the directors will be there?

Re: next meeting

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Hey Jeff,

I can make it.

Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the OSGeo-OGC meeting.

Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

On 2013-09-09 4:20 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
Hey board,

when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in the past.

Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of
the directors will be there?

Re: next meeting

Jachym Cepicky
Will come on 17th

available +- till then online

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
http://les-ejk.cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: next meeting

Jachym Cepicky
Which brings me back to the topic, what shall I do with my icebreaker
registration(?)

Shall we drop it? pass to somebody else? cancel?

Any common approach?

Jachym

Dne 9.9.2013 21:41, Jeff McKenna napsal(a):

> Hi Bart,
>
> I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.
>
> Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
> Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
> see thread at
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-meetup-td5075057.html
>
> I was about to ask you the same question.
>
> Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th evening?
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2013-09-09 4:20 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Hey board,
>>
>> when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in the past.
>>
>> Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of
>> the directors will be there?

Jachym Cepicky
jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
http://les-ejk.cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Bart,

It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up)

It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
breakfast.  7am?

Or please make a suggestion.

I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
wonderful to do that face to face.

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hey Jeff,
>
> I can make it.
>
> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>
> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> --
> Bart van den Eijnden
> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl
>
> On Sep 9, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bart,
>>
>> I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.
>>
>> Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
>> Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
>> see thread at
>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-meetup-td5075057.html
>>
>> I was about to ask you the same question.
>>
>> Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th
>> evening?
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2013-09-09 4:20 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>>> Hey board,
>>>
>>> when is the next board meeting? The wiki says 15-08 but this is in
>>> the past.
>>>
>>> Are we planning to meet with the people present at FOSS4G? How many of
>>> the directors will be there?

Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
If I had to guess, I would say that you should keep it, you'll likely
use it, even after this dinner (if it happens).

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 5:00 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Which brings me back to the topic, what shall I do with my
> icebreaker registration(?)
>
> Shall we drop it? pass to somebody else? cancel?
>
> Any common approach?
>
> Jachym

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: next meeting

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH
Are board observers welcome?

Mike

On 9/9/13 4:02 PM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Bart,
>
>It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
>face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
>feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
>http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up
>)
>
>It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
>breakfast.  7am?
>
>Or please make a suggestion.
>
>I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
>side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
>wonderful to do that face to face.
>
>-jeff
>

>On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Hey Jeff,
>>
>> I can make it.
>>
>> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
>> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
>> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>>
>> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> --
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl
>>
>> On Sep 9, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bart,
>>>
>>> I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.
>>>
>>> Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
>>> Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
>>> see thread at
>>>
>>>http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-m
>>>eetup-td5075057.html
>>>
>>> I was about to ask you the same question.
>>>
>>> Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th
>>> evening?
>>>
>>> -jeff

Re: next meeting

Jachym Cepicky
Just nothing: we did not pull table aside, we just took one in the
middle ;-)

but yes, it was simple, open, made sense, productive

7 is ok for me - it's foss4g, there is no such think as "sleep"

Jachym

Jachym Cepicky
jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
http://les-ejk.cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: next meeting

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
Works for me as well.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
http://les-ejk.cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Of course MORE than welcome.  Encouraged.

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 5:12 PM, Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH wrote:
> Are board observers welcome?
>
> Mike

Re: next meeting

Daniel Morissette
Very strong +1 on having at least a 1hr face to face meeting while at
FOSS4G with all board members who are present. It's an opportunity that
we cannot miss.

We could also consider other times such as the Friday night which is
free, or the Sunday of the code sprint if everybody is around (I'd be
around for both, and could make the 7am Friday as well)

Daniel

On 13-09-09 4:02 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
> face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
> feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up)
>
> It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
> breakfast.  7am?
>
> Or please make a suggestion.
>
> I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
> side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
> wonderful to do that face to face.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Hey Jeff,
>>
>> I can make it.
>>
>> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
>> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
>> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>>
>> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> --
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl
>>
>> On Sep 9, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bart,
>>>
>>> I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.
>>>
>>> Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
>>> Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
>>> see thread at
>>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-meetup-td5075057.html
>>>
>>> I was about to ask you the same question.
>>>
>>> Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th
>>> evening?
>>>
>>> -jeff

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
My friday night is already booked, as is every night for me.  I feel the
breakfast works.

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 5:16 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Very strong +1 on having at least a 1hr face to face meeting while at
> FOSS4G with all board members who are present. It's an opportunity that
> we cannot miss.
>
> We could also consider other times such as the Friday night which is
> free, or the Sunday of the code sprint if everybody is around (I'd be
> around for both, and could make the 7am Friday as well)
>
> Daniel
>

> On 13-09-09 4:02 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Hi Bart,
>>
>> It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
>> face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
>> feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up)
>>

>> It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
>> breakfast.  7am?
>>
>> Or please make a suggestion.
>>
>> I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
>> side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
>> wonderful to do that face to face.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>>> Hey Jeff,
>>>
>>> I can make it.
>>>
>>> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
>>> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
>>> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>>>
>>> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bart
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bart van den Eijnden
>>> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: next meeting

Jachym Cepicky
+1 for me

Dne 9.9.2013 22:12, Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH napsal(a):

> Are board observers welcome?
>
> Mike
>
> On 9/9/13 4:02 PM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bart,
>>
>> It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
>> face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
>> feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up
>> )
>>
>> It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
>> breakfast.  7am?
>>
>> Or please make a suggestion.
>>
>> I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
>> side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
>> wonderful to do that face to face.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>>> Hey Jeff,
>>>
>>> I can make it.
>>>
>>> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
>>> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
>>> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>>>
>>> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bart
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bart van den Eijnden
>>> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl

Jachym Cepicky
jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
http://les-ejk.cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: next meeting

Luca Delucchi
On 9 September 2013 22:15, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Of course MORE than welcome.  Encouraged.

Probably I'll be there

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: next meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Great Luca!

-jeff

On 2013-09-09 6:10 PM, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Probably I'll be there

Re: next meeting

Fenoy Gerald
Hi Jeff and all,
I will arrive in Nottingham on 17th afternoon then come back on 21 afternoon.

I will be available for the breakfast meeting at 7am.

Looking forward to meet you all there.
Best regards,

Gérald Fenoy

Le 9 sept. 2013 à 22:02, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Bart,
>
> It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
> face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
> feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up)
>
> It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
> breakfast.  7am?
>
> Or please make a suggestion.
>
> I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off to the
> side of a social event there and just chatted on Board topics; it was
> wonderful to do that face to face.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> Hey Jeff,
>>
>> I can make it.
>>
>> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a breakfast
>> together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo stuff at the
>> OSGeo-OGC meeting.
>>
>> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> --
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl
>>
>> On Sep 9, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bart,
>>>
>>> I was digging up the nabble thread for this topic as you wrote this.
>>>
>>> Jeremy Morley is trying to organize a dinner with the OGC and OSGeo
>>> Boards in Nottingham, on the same night as the icebreaker (Wednesday):
>>> see thread at
>>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Heads-up-plans-for-OGC-OSGeo-Board-meetup-td5075057.html
>>>
>>> I was about to ask you the same question.
>>>
>>> Gerald, Jorge, Bart: are you available to possibly meet on the 18th
>>> evening?
>>>
>>> -jeff

Re: next meeting

Anne Ghisla-2
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:06:11 +0200
Fenoy Gerald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jeff and all,
> I will arrive in Nottingham on 17th afternoon then come back on 21
> afternoon.
>
> I will be available for the breakfast meeting at 7am.

I'll arrive on the 17th afternoon and leave on 22nd. Breakfast meeting
sounds great! Additionally, we will be able to talk more informally in
other moments of the meeting.

> Looking forward to meet you all there.
> Best regards,
>
> Gérald Fenoy

All the best,
Anne

> Le 9 sept. 2013 à 22:02, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Hi Bart,
> >
> > It makes a lot of sense to me, to at least try to meet for one hour
> > face-to-face.  (I note that there is another OGC/OSGeo birds of a
> > feather meetup, Friday morning 8-9am in the GeoCamp area
> > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up)
> >
> > It may sound crazy, but I'd be interested in meeting before that for
> > breakfast.  7am?
> >
> > Or please make a suggestion.
> >
> > I know at FOSS4G-CEE Anne, Jachym and I simply pulled a table off
> > to the side of a social event there and just chatted on Board
> > topics; it was wonderful to do that face to face.
> >
> > -jeff
> >

> > On 2013-09-09 4:54 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> >> Hey Jeff,
> >>
> >> I can make it.
> >>
> >> Does it make sense to have another meeting slot (maybe just a
> >> breakfast together)? I assume we can't really talk internal OSGeo
> >> stuff at the OSGeo-OGC meeting.
> >>
> >> Btw I arrive Mon evening and leave Sun around noon.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Bart
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bart van den Eijnden
> >> OSGIS - http://osgis.nl
> >>
> >> On Sep 9, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Jeff McKenna
> >> <[hidden email]

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla

Re: next meeting

isedwards
Hi Jorge,

Given your early arrival (and probably others who've stayed in the UK after SOTM?) I've set up an 'Early Birds' meeting on the Sunday before the conference...

Ian