next board meeting

jody.garnett
A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!

It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
  • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
  • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
  • meeting planner
  • UTC 16:00
    • Victoria: 8:00 am
    • Raleigh: 11:00 am
    • Halifax: 12:00 noon
    • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
    • Athens: 6:00 pm
    • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).

And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.

Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
--
Jody Garnett

Re: next board meeting

delawen

El mié., 5 dic. 2018 2:42, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> escribió:
A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!

It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
  • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
We also experimented with changing the day of the week. And with weekends. I would say we need a generic poll with basic options and see what fits better.
  • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
  • meeting planner
  • UTC 16:00
    • Victoria: 8:00 am
    • Raleigh: 11:00 am
    • Halifax: 12:00 noon
    • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
    • Athens: 6:00 pm
    • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).

I will be arriving at home around that time with Jet lag and after a full day traveling from foss4g asia. So maybe I'm awake or not. Maybe I'm home already or not :) I can't say right now.

And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.

That one is fine for me. A jitsi video face to face?

Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
--
Jody Garnett

Re: next board meeting

Tom Kralidis
I am on travel (OGC events both this and next week) returning late on 13 December. Between 14 -21 December works for me for most reasonable times in EDT.

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2018, at 16:12, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Tom, let’s keep the 14th in mind while we hear back from others.

And perhaps we can start some of the setup activities on a separate email thread?

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:33 PM Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+1. Looking forward to on-boarding.

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2018, at 21:35, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Helena Mitasova-7
I am available Dec. 6, on Dec 13 I am at AGU but I can try to join, Helena

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!
>
> It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
> • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
> • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
> I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
> • meeting planner
> • UTC 16:00
> • Victoria: 8:00 am
> • Raleigh: 11:00 am
> • Halifax: 12:00 noon
> • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
> • Athens: 6:00 pm
> • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
> With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).
>
> And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.
>
> Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
> --
> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Re: next board meeting

jody.garnett
What about after that? Tom is not available until after the 14th ...

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am available Dec. 6, on Dec 13 I am at AGU but I can try to join, Helena

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!
>
> It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
>       • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
>       • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
> I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
>       • meeting planner
>       • UTC 16:00
>               • Victoria: 8:00 am
>               • Raleigh: 11:00 am
>               • Halifax: 12:00 noon
>               • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
>               • Athens: 6:00 pm
>               • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
> With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).
>
> And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.
>
> Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
> --
> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Jody Garnett

Re: next board meeting

Helena Mitasova-7
Any time between Dec. 15 and January 7 will work - we are staying at home this year.

Helena

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 11:13 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about after that? Tom is not available until after the 14th ...
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am available Dec. 6, on Dec 13 I am at AGU but I can try to join, Helena
>
> > On Dec 4, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!
> >
> > It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
> >       • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
> >       • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
> > I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
> >       • meeting planner
> >       • UTC 16:00
> >               • Victoria: 8:00 am
> >               • Raleigh: 11:00 am
> >               • Halifax: 12:00 noon
> >               • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
> >               • Athens: 6:00 pm
> >               • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
> > With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).
> >
> > And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.
> >
> > Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
> > --
> > Jody Garnett
>
> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> [hidden email]
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Re: next board meeting

jody.garnett
Let’s focus on having a December video meeting and get our budget underway.

It is unclear how we will run a face to face or face to video meeting this year.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:22 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any time between Dec. 15 and January 7 will work - we are staying at home this year.

Helena

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 11:13 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about after that? Tom is not available until after the 14th ...
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am available Dec. 6, on Dec 13 I am at AGU but I can try to join, Helena
>
> > On Dec 4, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > A big welcome to our new board  - first activity is to help everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!
> >
> > It can be a bit of a challenge to find an appropriate time slot, we have experimented with:
> >       • A fixed time slot (2nd Thursday of each month UTC 16:00)
> >       • Dynamic (doodle poll each month)
> > I have updated the wiki page with everyones timezone, here is that that looks on the clock:
> >       • meeting planner
> >       • UTC 16:00
> >               • Victoria: 8:00 am
> >               • Raleigh: 11:00 am
> >               • Halifax: 12:00 noon
> >               • Sevilla: 5:00 pm
> >               • Athens: 6:00 pm
> >               • Pretoria: 6:00 pm
> > With this in mind I would like to propose an informal chat / orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are at year end).
> >
> > And schedule our first meeting for the following week Thursday 13th at 16:00 UTC.
> >
> > Please reply with your availability, and then we can make a wiki page as appropriate :)
> > --
> > Jody Garnett
>
> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> [hidden email]
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Jody Garnett

Re: next board meeting

Angelos Tzotsos
Jitsi has served us very well last year, I would like to see us using it this year too.

I am available at any time for this first meeting.

Angelos

wrote:
[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: next board meeting

Michael Smith
I think I should be able to make a meeting tomorrow, do have some conflicting meetings that I think I can adjust.

I can definitely make a video meeting.

Looking forward to working with everyone old and new.

Michael Smith
OSGeo Treasurer

wrote:
[...]

Jody,

do we have the video meeting today? If yes, is there an invite or some other info on where I should be?

Thank you, Helena

> [...]
> > --
> > Jody Garnett
>
> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> [hidden email]
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics

I did not get confirmation that any one was available to meet today.

Update: I see Michael conformed yesterday.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:01 AM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > --
> > Jody Garnett
>
> Helena Mitasova
> Professor at the Department of Marine,
> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> [hidden email]
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html
>
> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

irc meeting on December 14th would be fine for me. December 13 does not
work.

A meeting in the week 17.-20. December would be fine too.

Looking forward to meet you all

Astrid

Am 05.12.2018 05:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:

> Let’s focus on having a December video meeting and get our budget
> underway.
>
> It is unclear how we will run a face to face or face to video meeting
> this year.
>
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:22 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Any time between Dec. 15 and January 7 will work - we are staying at
>> home this year.
>>
>> Helena
>>
>>> On Dec 4, 2018, at 11:13 PM, Jody Garnett
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> What about after that? Tom is not available until after the 14th
>>>
>>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> I am available Dec. 6, on Dec 13 I am at AGU but I can try to
>> join, Helena

>> everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!

>> slot, we have experimented with:
>> 16:00)
>> that that looks on the clock:
>> orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can
>> balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc
>> access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are
>> at year end).

>> 13th at 16:00 UTC.

>> wiki page as appropriate :)
>>>
>>> Helena Mitasova
>>> Professor at the Department of Marine,
>>> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
>>> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for
>> Geospatial Analytics
>>> North Carolina State University
>>> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html [2]
>>>
>>> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business
>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> Helena Mitasova
>> Professor at the Department of Marine,
>> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
>> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial
>> Analytics
>> North Carolina State University
>> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
>> [hidden email]
>> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html [2]
>>
>> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business
>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”
>  --
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> Links:
> ------

Re: next board meeting

jody.garnett
Thanks Astrid and Helena! My best hope is we can do some small work parties (budget and on boarding) and have our monthly meeting.

Victoria and Jeff do you know your availability please? Would like to sort out what is possible, especially if we need to split up activities.
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 08:55, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business
>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> Helena Mitasova
>> Professor at the Department of Marine,
>> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
>> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial
>> Analytics
>> North Carolina State University
>> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
>> [hidden email]
>> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html [2]
>>
>> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business
>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

Re: next board meeting

jody.garnett
No worries! Initial message was sent to [hidden email] - can you confirm you have subscribed with your personal gmail account (or whatever contact you prefer to community activities)?

I only messaged your work email as it is what is linked to on your osgeo wiki page (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Victoria_Rautenbach) with respect to contact information.
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 09:49, Victoria Rautenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Jody

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I did not received the original email. I don't know if it got stuck in
the university filter. Can you please add my gmail
([hidden email]) rather?

Any time after the 13th is also fine with me for the meeting.

Regards
Victoria

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:42 PM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Astrid and Helena! My best hope is we can do some small work parties (budget and on boarding) and have our monthly meeting.
>
> Victoria and Jeff do you know your availability please? Would like to sort out what is possible, especially if we need to split up activities.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 08:55, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> irc meeting on December 14th would be fine for me. December 13 does not
>> work.
>>
>> A meeting in the week 17.-20. December would be fine too.
>>
>> Looking forward to meet you all
>>
>> Astrid
>>

>> Am 05.12.2018 05:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:
>> > Let’s focus on having a December video meeting and get our budget
>> > underway.
>> >
>> > It is unclear how we will run a face to face or face to video meeting
>> > this year.

>> >  --
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jody Garnett
>> >
>> > Links:
>> > ------

> This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer.
> Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full details.

Re: next board meeting

jmckenna
Administrator

Thanks for both Vasile and MariaB for their years of volunteering on the
Board, and welcome to Victoria and Tom!!

I'll try to work around everyone's schedules.

Looking forward to working with Tom and Victoria shortly!

-jeff

On 2018-12-06 12:55 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> irc meeting on December 14th would be fine for me. December 13 does not
> work.
>
> A meeting in the week 17.-20. December would be fine too.
>
> Looking forward to meet you all
>
> Astrid
>

> Am 05.12.2018 05:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:
>> Let’s focus on having a December video meeting and get our budget
>> underway.
>>
>> It is unclear how we will run a face to face or face to video meeting
>> this year.
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:22 PM Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Any time between Dec. 15 and January 7 will work - we are staying at
>>> home this year.
>>>
>>> Helena

>>> join, Helena

>>> everyone setup and set a time for our December board meeting!

>>> slot, we have experimented with:
>>> 16:00)
>>> that that looks on the clock:
>>> orientation this Thursday December 6 at 16:00 UTC. Ideally we can
>>> balance some setup (wiki pages, web pages, loomio voting access, irc
>>> access) along side current activities (primarily budget since we are
>>> at year end).

>>> 13th at 16:00 UTC.

>>> wiki page as appropriate :)

>>> Geospatial Analytics

>>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”

>>> Helena Mitasova
>>> Professor at the Department of Marine,
>>> Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
>>> Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial
>>> Analytics
>>> North Carolina State University
>>> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html [2]
>>>
>>> "All electronic mail messages in connection with State business
>>> which are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC
>>> Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.”
>>  --
>>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Re: next board meeting

delawen
On the following weeks, the weekends are complicated for me. The rest is fine. But I should block the day as soon as possible.