new in geoserver

Jaume Domí­nguez Faus-2
Hello everyone!

    I have written a WCS client for our Spatial Data Infrastructure GIS
application. It is a GPL app called gvSIG. The WCS module is working
pretty well against MapServer's WCS. Now, I'm testing it against
geoserver. I downloaded it from the web page in the .war format and
installed it through the Tomcat manager's page (localhost:8080/manager).
It seems to be ok and I can interact through the previous settings of
the download of the coverage without any kind of problem (this shows
that both the getcapability, and describecoverage operations work). But
always I click to download the coverage I getting the same message

      org.geotools.coverage.processing.CannotReprojectException: Can't
reproject grid coverage "gtopo30_Coverage".

    It happens with any error case. I mean, I tryed to isolate the error
cause by deleting parameters to the query string using a web browser
(firefox). And, even if I remove any mandatory parameter, geoserver
always gives the same error message. What can be happening?

    Is this war file fully ready to install and use it, or should I do
some config? for example, adding coverages? I'm always guessing that
this war file comes with several sample coverages..
    Would you please, if you have, post me a sample link that you know
that works with the installation I did? This is the one I use to use.

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wcs?request=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=gtopo30_Coverage&CRS=EPSG:WGS%2084&FORMAT=GeoTIFF&BBOX=-19.99,40.00,19.99,90.0&RESY=8023.10469&dim_0:Category(values)=-407.0/4536.0&RESX=8023.1046

Thank you!!!!!

Re: new in geoserver

Alessio Fabiani
Hi Jaume,
try to change in the string the parameter CRS=EPSG:WGS%2084 with
CRS=EPSG:WGS%4326 ... I think that the problem is caused by the actual
implementation of LiteRenderer that is not yet fully functional for
raster reprojections, infact sometime for some reprojections it throws
the exception CannotReproject and the cuse is "BURSA WOLF parameter
not found" or something like that ... I don't know exactly what
appens, we are investigating the problem.

Regards,
                 Alessio.

On 7/19/05, jaume dominguez faus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
>    I have written a WCS client for our Spatial Data Infrastructure GIS
> application. It is a GPL app called gvSIG. The WCS module is working
> pretty well against MapServer's WCS. Now, I'm testing it against
> geoserver. I downloaded it from the web page in the .war format and
> installed it through the Tomcat manager's page (localhost:8080/manager).
> It seems to be ok and I can interact through the previous settings of
> the download of the coverage without any kind of problem (this shows
> that both the getcapability, and describecoverage operations work). But
> always I click to download the coverage I getting the same message
>
>      org.geotools.coverage.processing.CannotReprojectException: Can't
> reproject grid coverage "gtopo30_Coverage".
>
>    It happens with any error case. I mean, I tryed to isolate the error
> cause by deleting parameters to the query string using a web browser
> (firefox). And, even if I remove any mandatory parameter, geoserver
> always gives the same error message. What can be happening?
>
>    Is this war file fully ready to install and use it, or should I do
> some config? for example, adding coverages? I'm always guessing that
> this war file comes with several sample coverages..
>    Would you please, if you have, post me a sample link that you know
> that works with the installation I did? This is the one I use to use.
>
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wcs?request=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=gtopo30_Coverage&CRS=EPSG:WGS%2084&FORMAT=GeoTIFF&BBOX=-19.99,40.00,19.99,90.0&RESY=8023.10469&dim_0:Category(values)=-407.0/4536.0&RESX=8023.1046
>
> Thank you!!!!!

Re: new in geoserver

Alessio Fabiani
Errata corrige ...

The problem I described is for WMS, for WCS the projection engine is
not yet developed. It will be soon.