new committers

Paul Spencer
Hi all,

Mars Wu from Autodesk has asked me to grant commit privileges for Andy Zhang, Spark Liu and himself.  Obviously I haven't been an active member of the community or leadership of this project for quite some time so I thought it best if I reach out to the devs to see if there are any objections or comments.  All three have been active committers via 'liuar' (Arthur Liu?) for 3-4 years and are all Autodesk employees.

In the absence of comments, I will assume that no-one disagrees and move ahead with this request in a couple of days.

Cheers

Paul

Re: new committers

zspitzer
+1 Zac

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Paul Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Mars Wu from Autodesk has asked me to grant commit privileges for Andy Zhang, Spark Liu and himself.  Obviously I haven't been an active member of the community or leadership of this project for quite some time so I thought it best if I reach out to the devs to see if there are any objections or comments.  All three have been active committers via 'liuar' (Arthur Liu?) for 3-4 years and are all Autodesk employees.

In the absence of comments, I will assume that no-one disagrees and move ahead with this request in a couple of days.

Cheers

Paul

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
+61 405 847 168

Re: new committers

Jackie Ng
Just to slightly derail this topic:

What is the process for granting svn commit access to contributors? We're trying to blood some new MapGuide contributors (with PSC support and approval), but someone lost the keys to the svn vault and nobody knows where it is!

- Jackie

Re: new committers

Paul Spencer
Hi Jackie,

sorry for the delay, I was sick and technologically disconnected for a few days.  For Fusion, the technical part of the process is documented at http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/DevelopersCorner if that is what you meant.  I assume the process would be similar for the mapguide repository as well.  There is no procedural process in particular as Fusion isn't a formal OSGeo project and we never formalized the PSC component of it.  I'm happy for any existing committer to add people themselves after a suitable proposal, discussion and waiting period on the dev mailing list.

If you mean the procedural part of the process, the mapguide PSC process is described here http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html.  In there, it says explicitly that the PSC is responsible for granting and revoking commit access and there is a voting process.  I don't think adding committers would necessitate an RFC, this could be done as part of our regular weekly meetings *cough, cough* ... in practical terms, probably just an email to the dev list followed by a discussion and then PSC member votes would be sufficient.

That's my take on the current documentation at least

Cheers

Paul

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to slightly derail this topic:

What is the process for granting svn commit access to contributors? We're
trying to blood some new MapGuide contributors (with PSC support and
approval), but someone lost the keys to the svn vault and nobody knows where
it is!

- Jackie

Re: new committers

Mars Wu

Hi there,

I need bring this up again. is there anything I need do to move the progress forward?

Thanks,

Mars