new GDAL version

Karsten Winter

Hi all

I will use new GDAL source code (2.0.1) for the gdal library which support VS 2015, so that I can remove my workaround.

Until now the gdal library file was named gdal110.dll.

What does the “110” reflects?

Would it be time to change the name to “gdal201.dll”?

Best regards

Karsten

Karsten Winter

Software - Engineer

Solution Engineering, IPG- ICP

Autodesk S.a.r.l.

Worbstrasse 223

3073 G├╝mligen

Switzerland

Central   +41 (0)31 9582020

Fax         +41 (0)31 9582022

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly PROHIBITED

Re: new GDAL version

Jackie Ng
"110" reflects the version of GDAL (1.10) used to build it.

I think it would be safe to assume the same naming convention.

- Jackie

Re: new GDAL version

Johan Van de Wauw
This version number is normally embedded in the build.
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/nmake.opt#L189

Kind Regards,
Johan

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "110" reflects the version of GDAL (1.10) used to build it.
>
> I think it would be safe to assume the same naming convention.
>
> - Jackie

Re: new GDAL version

Karsten Winter
You are right.
I have seen that the file will be named automatically (gdal200.dll).

Best regards
Karsten

This version number is normally embedded in the build.
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/nmake.opt#L189

Kind Regards,
Johan

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "110" reflects the version of GDAL (1.10) used to build it.
>
> I think it would be safe to assume the same naming convention.
>
> - Jackie

Re: new GDAL version

Karsten Winter
Hi all

I will move the GDAL 2.0.1 update to a later time, when I have finished the VS2015 migration.
The new version has a lot of API changes which corrupts the OGR build.
So I will first finish the VS2015 migration (with the workaround of GDAL) and then include GDAL 2.0.1 in trunk as separate step.

Best regards
Karsten