msxml3.dll error in ModelBase.js fixed?

Guido Lohaus
Hello,

quite a while ago I found this solution (see below) for a bug which occurred in my mapbuilder application (Release 1.0.1) with IE 6.
I'd like to update to 1.5 and I realized that nothing has changed in ModelBase.setXpathValue() until now.
Does anyone know if this has been fixed in another way?
Or do I have to patch ModelBase.setXpathValue() once more?

Regards
Guido

Hi John,

Thanks for the solution, I'm having exactly the same problem with the
edugis site in IE7, when drawing a measurement line. I've implemented
your fix and now it works in IE7 (only on the internal edugis-ont machine).
I'm not seeing any problem with firefox so far, so it looks promising.
I'd like to do some more testing before recommending this fix though.
Right now I have a similar error in IE7 in the Sarissa
XSLTProcessor.prototype.transformToDocument function.
Once I've finished my IE7 support I'd like to test the site in
IE6,IE7,FF1,FF1.5,FF2 to see if it still works. I don't see any reason
why the more complicated code is used. Although often IE prefers the
more complicated route to do things, so I'm a bit surprised that it can
be done in 1 line.

Steven

John Pulles wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> The following error occurred using IE6: "msxml3.dll: The parameter is
> incorrect." in the setXPathValue function of ModelBase.js, in the line
> "node.appendChild(v);".
>
> When I replace the function with the following code, the error doesn't
> occur and mapbuilder seems to operate well under both Firefox and IE6.
> Does anyone have a suggestion why the more complicated code (3 lines)
> with Sarissa.getDomDocument is used. Can the single line with
> "node.appendChild( objRef.doc.createTextNode(value) );" be an
> improvement of the existing code?
>
>   this.setXpathValue=function(objRef,xpath,value,refresh){
>     if (refresh==null) refresh=true;
>     var node=objRef.doc.selectSingleNode(xpath);
>     if(node){
>       if(node.firstChild){
>         node.firstChild.nodeValue=value;
>       }else if( true ){
>         // to test replacement of original code below!!!!!!!!!
>         node.appendChild( objRef.doc.createTextNode(value) );
>       }else{
>         // the original code
>         dom=Sarissa.getDomDocument();
>         v=dom.createTextNode(value);
>         node.appendChild(v);
>       }
>       if (refresh) objRef.setParam("refresh");
>       return true;
>     }else{
>       return false;
>     }
>   }
>
> By the way, the problem occurred when using mapbuilder within a Drupal page.
>
> Regards,
> John.

Re: msxml3.dll error in ModelBase.js fixed?

Andreas Hocevar
Guido,

this issue should now be fixed by using a more recent version of Sarissa.

Regards,
Andreas.