msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.

gwales
I am new to MapServer but not to web mapping.

I have installed MapServer on IIS6 and can call MapServ.exe for a valid response.

When I try to use the MS4W tutorial the .map files produce the error:msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.

If I try to hit the .map directly in my browser it throws a 302 status code in the logs and then replaces the filename with a /1 and throws a 404.

Do I need to tell IIS about the .map extension? Does mapserv.exe want an absolute or relative path to the .map file? Will it load the map via http or physically off the disk?

Thanks for any help

Gary