ms4w dlls for IIS-installation

Sven Schroeter
Hallo,
I want to install the latest Mapserver 4.10 on a Windows 2003 Server with
IIS (PHP 5.2.3 is already installed as cgi).
In older mapserver-versions I copied some .dlls in the system32 and the
mapserv.exe in the cgi-bin of the IIS. Then php-mapscript in the ext-folder
of php and everything worked fine.
With the install-packages ms4w (f.e. ms4w_2.2.5) there are many dlls in the
cgi-bin (ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin) and I dont know what .dll are really used and
important for mapserver and mapscript.
Some files are for apache or php5 (f.e. php5apache2.dll) .
Can anybody list the basic .dlls I need for a installation with IIS?
Thanks
Sven

Re: ms4w dlls for IIS-installation

Milo van der Linden-3
Hello Sven!

Here is my configuration on Windows 2003 Server IIS 6.0

1. Download the MS4W PHP5 Base Installer v2.2.6 (Sept 18, 2007)

2. Open the zip ms4w_2.2.6.zip and copy the content of  /ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin gekopieerd naar to the (virtual) folder that will serve as your cgi-bin
3. Copy /ms4w/gdaldata, /ms4w/gdalplugins, /ms4w/proj and ms4w/tools somewhere on your system, not necessary a path that can be reached from the webserver (IIS) I created a folder C:\mapserver that contains everything that is mapserver related

Set up the system variables:

Add to  PATH:

c:\MapServer\\cgi-bin;
C:\MapServer\tools\gdal-ogr; C:\MapServer\\tools\mapserv; C:\MapServer\tools\shapelib; C:\MapServer\proj\bin; C:\MapServer\tools\shp2tile; C:\MapServer\tools\shpdiff; C:\MapServer\tools\avce00;

And create:
GDAL_DATA=C:\MapServer\gdaldata
GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=C:\MapServer\gdalplugins

PROJ_LIB=C:\MapServer\proj\nad

Assign rights to IIS to read from your directories to IS_WPG (Workgroep IIS) on folder c:\mapserver and all sub-dirs:
  • Read and Execute

  • List Folder Content

  • Read

Create a webservice extension that points to C:\MapServer\cgi-bin\mapserv.exe set it to “Allow”

restart IIS by starting and stopping the Webserver service, otherwise the system variables will not be updated.

Good luck!

--
3DSite

Milo van der Linden
http://www.3dsite.nl

De informatie in dit bericht reflecteert mijn persoonlijke mening en niet die van een bedrijf of instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een forum, mailing-list of community dan gelden automatisch de bij het betreffende medium behorende voorwaarden. The information in this message reflects my personal opinion and not that of a company or public body. All rights reserved.If this message is contained in a mailing-list or community, the rights on the medium are automatically adapted.

Re: ms4w dlls for IIS-installation

Jeff McKenna-2
Sven Schroeter wrote:
> Can anybody list the basic .dlls I need for a installation with IIS?

There is a list provided in the MS4W readme doc
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#i-installing-the-ms4w-mapserver-binaries-in-other-environments).

-jeff

Re: ms4w dlls for IIS-installation

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy]
Hi!

You can open mapserv.exe with Dependency Walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and you'll see ALL the dll it needs.

Here are the mapserver specific ones I got with my own version
MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

OCI.DLL
BGD.DLL
GDAL13.DLL
GEOS_C.DLL
ICONV.DLL
LIBCURL.DLL
LIBMAP.DLL
LIBXML2.DLL
PROJ.DLL
ZLIB1.DLL

Also, I never put the needed mapserver dlls in system32, instead I prefer to create a new folder, put the dlls in it and add it to the path.  It's easier to keep your system clean and to upgrade to new version.

Nicolas