ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Jeff,

I had a workshop wit ms4w and mapbender this week.

Worked fine.

I only ran into trouble when we wanted to update Mapbender and run he
app/console commands which seams not to be possible with php fcgi.

We downloaded php in the end and used the php.exe to rund the
app/console commands.

Now the question is:
1. can we provide a description at ms4w page somewhere? Or did I miss
this page?
http://www.ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#

2. Can we provide a text-file in the download package to provide
important information?

3. Can we provide information about Mapbender3 here?
http://www.ms4w.com/download.html

ms4w makes it easy to use Mapbender and get it running. But if you want
more complex features (new database, search, digitizer, your own
template) you will need some background information.

What do you think?

Best regards

Astrid

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2017
Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
11.-15. September 2017
www.foss-academy.com/sommerschule

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Astrid,

Comments inline below:

On 2017-08-11 3:28 AM, Astrid Emde wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>
> I had a workshop wit ms4w and mapbender this week.
>
> Worked fine.

Great! thanks for this feedback, I am glad it worked for you.

> I only ran into trouble when we wanted to update Mapbender and run he
> app/console commands which seams not to be possible with php fcgi.
>
> We downloaded php in the end and used the php.exe to rund the
> app/console commands.

It would be very helpful to me if you could file an MS4W ticket and
state the exact commands and the problems that you had, and then I can
fix that for the next release.  Please file the ticket at
http://ms4w.com/trac

> Now the question is:
> 1. can we provide a description at ms4w page somewhere? Or did I miss
> this page?
> http://www.ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#

Yes of course.  You can see a list of the applications at
http://www.ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#ms4w-applications but if you
want more details added, please send me the notes in Restructured Text
format (.txt) and I will add it to that README (so it will be visible
both online, and included in each installation).

> 2. Can we provide a text-file in the download package to provide
> important information?

yes, definitely.  A normal .txt file is perfect.  I will include that in
the Mapbender3 package.

> 3. Can we provide information about Mapbender3 here?
> http://www.ms4w.com/download.html

yes, maybe your questions 1) and 3) can be combined: provide me a
restructured text file containing Mapbender3 notes, and I can point to
that inside the README, and also point to it on the download page.  Is
that ok?

> ms4w makes it easy to use Mapbender and get it running. But if you want
> more complex features (new database, search, digitizer, your own
> template) you will need some background information.
>
> What do you think?

Agreed. Let me know how to proceed.

thanks for this momentum! :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

jmckenna
Administrator
Also, if you need anything updated before FOSS4G (why not, great to
announce this in Boston!) please send it to me this weekend and I will
add it - but try to do that before Monday, as the FOSS4G chaos begins ha!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: ms4w and Mapbender - provide some information about Mapbender

jmckenna
Administrator
Also note:  you can ignore my mention of 'restructured text' - just send
me a txt file(s) and I can convert the notes to whatever format easily :)

thanks,

-jeff