move v.polytoline?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

move v.polytoline?

Luca Delucchi
Hi devs,

Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know

Thanks

[0] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.polytoline

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: move v.polytoline?

Martin Landa
Hi Luca,

2013/12/10 Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]>:
> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know

I think it's useful. Anyway I would keep it in addons at this stage of
development. The module should be installable via g.extension without
no problem.

Speaking about addons, we should focus on easy-way how to install
them. Beside that, there are still open issues on Windows, eg. calling
python script from python. Thanks to Glynn's revert [1,2] this problem
is still unsolved. This is the blocker. I wonder if it remains blocker
forever. It's easy to revert non-perfect solutions, but hard for most
of us to find a time for better fix - apparently including the person
who did this revert.

It would be also good to put AddOns manual pages online. Will take a
look at this issue.

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57911
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-October/065904.html

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: move v.polytoline?

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Hi Martin,

Martin Landa wrote
Hi Luca,

2013/12/10 Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]>:
> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know

I think it's useful. Anyway I would keep it in addons at this stage of
development. The module should be installable via g.extension without
no problem.

Speaking about addons, we should focus on easy-way how to install
them. Beside that, there are still open issues on Windows, eg. calling
python script from python. Thanks to Glynn's revert [1,2] this problem
is still unsolved. This is the blocker. I wonder if it remains blocker
forever. It's easy to revert non-perfect solutions, but hard for most
of us to find a time for better fix - apparently including the person
who did this revert.

It would be also good to put AddOns manual pages online. Will take a
look at this issue.

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57911
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-October/065904.html
regarding python-addon-scripts (and calling python script from python) in wingrass6, have a look at

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2138

Hamish has done improvements for this issue in grass6dev which are steps forward IMHO.

missing step is commented in http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2138#comment:4

%GISBASE% isn't replaced by %GRASS_ADDON_PATH%

having a quick look over the replacing code, no idea at the moment why it doesn't work.

maybe testing on other windows boxes may help ...
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: move v.polytoline?

Markus Metz-3
In reply to this post by Luca Delucchi
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know

A suggestion for a small improvement: it would be nice if the
information to which areas the lines belong to would be kept as
attributes (v.to.db option=sides).

Markus M

>
> Thanks
>
> [0] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.polytoline
>
> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
> www.lucadelu.org
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: move v.polytoline?

Luca Delucchi
On 11 December 2013 22:45, Markus Metz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
>> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
>> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know
>
> A suggestion for a small improvement: it would be nice if the
> information to which areas the lines belong to would be kept as
> attributes (v.to.db option=sides).
>

done in r58698

> Markus M
>

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev