motion:

jody.garnett
Setting up an email motion from the other discussion thread and recent board meeting:

Motion: Astrid motions to  create a youtube account called "FOSS4G" for the global FOSS4G event (see todo#37)

Motion is held open for two weeks until July 12th:
  • Peter Batty
  • Nicolas Bozon
  • Astrid Emde +1 initial motion
  • Jody Garnett +1 second
  • Harrison Grundy
  • Jeff Johnson
  • Malena Libman
  • Alex Mandel
  • Peter Mooney
  • Cameron Shorter
  • Adam Steer
  • Guido Stein
  • Marc Vloemans
Also welcome community support, and if you are a marketing committee member who has been left off the list please edit the wiki!
--
Jody Garnett

Re: motion:

adam steer-2
Hi Marketingfolks

+1 to create the channel.

I’d also like a requirement that presenters are always able to specifically give (or remove) permission for adding videos to youtube when signing up to conferences.

…meaning three checkboxes seeking the permissions:
- I am happy to have my talk recorded
- I am happy to have my talk distributed via OSGeo’s non-monetised channels
- I am happy to have my talk distributed via youtube

OSGeo's other talk archiving/distribution channels are not monetised, whereas Youtube/Google (and presumable OSGeo if the channel gets lots of ad views) benefit financially from speakers giving their time.

Youtube is also part of the Googleverse, some people may not be comfortable with their work being  part of the googleverse money attracting machine.

Regards

Adam

Re: motion:

Cameron Shorter

+1 Cameron

On 28/6/19 8:49 pm, Malena Libman wrote:
[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: motion:

Alex Mandel-2
+1

Alex

On 6/28/19 03:43, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Setting up an email motion from the other discussion thread and recent
> board meeting:
>
> Motion: Astrid motions to  create a youtube account called "FOSS4G" for the
> global FOSS4G event (see todo#37
> <https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37>)
>
> Motion is held open for two weeks until July 12th:
>
>    - Peter Batty
>    - Nicolas Bozon
>    - Astrid Emde +1 initial motion
>    - Jody Garnett +1 second
>    - Harrison Grundy
>    - Jeff Johnson
>    - Malena Libman
>    - Alex Mandel
>    - Peter Mooney
>    - Cameron Shorter
>    - Adam Steer
>    - Guido Stein
>    - Marc Vloemans
>
> Also welcome community support, and if you are a marketing committee member
> who has been left off the list please edit the wiki
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee>!
> --
> Jody Garnett

Re: motion:

Fernando Quadro-4

Em seg, 1 de jul de 2019 às 16:21, Alex M <[hidden email]> escreveu:
+1

Alex

On 6/28/19 03:43, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Setting up an email motion from the other discussion thread and recent
> board meeting:
>
> Motion: Astrid motions to  create a youtube account called "FOSS4G" for the
> global FOSS4G event (see todo#37
> <https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37>)
>
> Motion is held open for two weeks until July 12th:
>
>    - Peter Batty
>    - Nicolas Bozon
>    - Astrid Emde +1 initial motion
>    - Jody Garnett +1 second
>    - Harrison Grundy
>    - Jeff Johnson
>    - Malena Libman
>    - Alex Mandel
>    - Peter Mooney
>    - Cameron Shorter
>    - Adam Steer
>    - Guido Stein
>    - Marc Vloemans
>
> Also welcome community support, and if you are a marketing committee member
> who has been left off the list please edit the wiki
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee>!
> --
> Jody Garnett

motion:

nicolas bozon
+0

Nick

Le lun. 1 juil. 2019 à 21:21, Alex M <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1

Alex

On 6/28/19 03:43, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Setting up an email motion from the other discussion thread and recent
> board meeting:
>
> Motion: Astrid motions to  create a youtube account called "FOSS4G" for the
> global FOSS4G event (see todo#37
> <https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37>)
>
> Motion is held open for two weeks until July 12th:
>
>    - Peter Batty
>    - Nicolas Bozon
>    - Astrid Emde +1 initial motion
>    - Jody Garnett +1 second
>    - Harrison Grundy
>    - Jeff Johnson
>    - Malena Libman
>    - Alex Mandel
>    - Peter Mooney
>    - Cameron Shorter
>    - Adam Steer
>    - Guido Stein
>    - Marc Vloemans
>
> Also welcome community support, and if you are a marketing committee member
> who has been left off the list please edit the wiki
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee>!
> --
> Jody Garnett

Re: motion:

jody.garnett
This motion has passed :)
  • Peter Batty +1
  • Nicolas Bozon +1
  • Astrid Emde +1 initial motion
  • Jody Garnett +1 second
  • Harrison Grundy
  • Jeff Johnson
  • Malena Libman +1
  • Alex Mandel +1
  • Peter Mooney +1
  • Cameron Shorter +1
  • Adam Steer
  • Guido Stein +1
  • Marc Vloemans
Community Support:
  • Frenando Quadro +1
aside: Frenando I missed you from the above list as you are not on the wiki list. You have been a real positive addition working on LinkedIn visibility, can we make a motion to include you in voting please?

aside2: In keeping with the way incubation committee email voting works we should probably considering retiring folk who have not voted after a set time (say a year?)
--
Jody Garnett

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 03:43, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello,

thanks everybody for voting. And great that we will have a FOSS4G
youtube account soon.

I will create the account. If someone is interested to help with the
youtube account you are welcome.

See also: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37

+1 to retire people from the committee after 1 year of no activty.

Astrid