motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

jody.garnett
Earlier this week MapCentia GC2 sent in an application to the OSGeo Community program, the project is split across two repositories:

https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS, MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into one easy-to-use web application

https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It is the front-end for GC2.

This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:

1. geospatial
2. open source license, with source code check of headers
3. accepts contributions

This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a web service license key is required, in this case both the service and client code is supplied.
This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to vote (require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):
  • Bruce Bannerman
  • Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
  • Landon Blake
  • Howard Butler
  • Arnulf Christl
  • Jo Cook
  • Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
  • Dimitris Kotzinos
  • Tom Kralidis
  • Julien-Samuel Lacroix
  • Mark Lucas
  • Steve Lime
  • Daniel Morissette
  • Markus Schneider
  • Cameron Shorter
  • Norman Vine
  • Frank Warmerdam
Community support:
  • Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
  • Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is of course welcome!
--
Jody Garnett

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Arnulf Christl-3

+1 Arnulf

Cool project, thanks for joining OSGeo.

In the long run (aiming for Incubation) it would be interesting to see who are the actual people committing under the label mapcentia (https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2/graphs/contributors).

Have fun,

Arnulf

Am 28.10.18 um 00:06 schrieb Jody Garnett:
[...]

Spatially enabling your business
http://metaspatial.net

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Cameron Shorter

+1 Cameron

On 28/10/2018 9:06 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
+1

Julien

On 2018-10-27 6:06 p.m., Jody Garnett wrote:

> Earlier this week *MapCentia GC2* sent in an application to the OSGeo
> Community program, the project is split across two repositories:
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS,
> MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into
> one easy-to-use web application
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It
> is the front-end for GC2.
>
> This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:
>
> 1. geospatial
> 2. open source license, with source code check of headers
> 3. accepts contributions
>
> /This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and
> README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a
> web service license key is required, in this case both the service and
> client code is supplied./
> This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to
> vote (require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):
>
>   * Bruce Bannerman
>   * Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
>   * Landon Blake
>   * Howard Butler
>   * Arnulf Christl
>   * Jo Cook
>   * Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
>   * Dimitris Kotzinos
>   * Tom Kralidis
>   * Julien-Samuel Lacroix
>   * Mark Lucas
>   * Steve Lime
>   * Daniel Morissette
>   * Markus Schneider
>   * Cameron Shorter
>   * Norman Vine
>   * Frank Warmerdam
>
> Community support:
>
>   * Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
>   * Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is
>     of course welcome!
>
> --
> Jody Garnett

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
T: +1 418-696-5056 #202
Mapgears

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

+1, welcome!

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Tom Kralidis
+1

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2018, at 11:55, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1, welcome!

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

On 2018-10-27 6:06 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Earlier this week *MapCentia GC2* sent in an application to the OSGeo
> Community program, the project is split across two repositories:
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS,
> MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into
> one easy-to-use web application
>
> https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It
> is the front-end for GC2.
>
> This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:
>
> 1. geospatial
> 2. open source license, with source code check of headers
> 3. accepts contributions
>
> /This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and
> README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a
> web service license key is required, in this case both the service and
> client code is supplied./
> This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to
> vote (require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):
>
>   * Bruce Bannerman
>   * Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
>   * Landon Blake
>   * Howard Butler
>   * Arnulf Christl
>   * Jo Cook
>   * Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
>   * Dimitris Kotzinos
>   * Tom Kralidis
>   * Julien-Samuel Lacroix
>   * Mark Lucas
>   * Steve Lime
>   * Daniel Morissette
>   * Markus Schneider
>   * Cameron Shorter
>   * Norman Vine
>   * Frank Warmerdam
>
> Community support:
>
>   * Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
>   * Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is
>     of course welcome!
>
> --
> Jody Garnett

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Jo Cook
+1

Jo

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 11:07 PM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent responses at that time, please visit support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.