motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

jody.garnett
Good evening, the GeoExt project is working on setting up a website page in another email thread.

I would like to make a motion in the hopes of getting the project accepted intimate for the foss4g conference next week.

 - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project

https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/

The project has done a great job on the "basics" we require and has been very helpful digging into the history of their codebase.

1. The project has  dual license GPL / BSD (with a FAQ for the curious)
2. Checking source code headers and history
3. Setting up appropriate LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files (for
github projects)

The project has a development.md which indicates that the project is open for collaboration (what we care about), indeed it goes the extra mile and asks contributors to sign a contribution agreement. While we would recommend adding a CONTRIBUTING.md file with this information the topic is handled.

This motion is held open until August 28th to give this project a chance to be accepted prior to foss4G:

- Bruce Bannerman
- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
- Landon Blake
- Howard Butler
- Arnulf Christl
- Jo Cook
- Jody Garnett +1
- Dimitris Kotzinos
- Tom Kralidis
- Julien-Samuel Lacroix
- Mark Lucas
- Steve Lime
- Daniel Morissette
- Markus Schneider
- Cameron Shorter
- Norman Vine
- Frank Warmerdam
--
Jody Garnett

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Tom Kralidis
+1

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 20, 2019, at 08:11, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Cameron Shorter

+1 Cameron

On 20/8/19 3:40 pm, Tom Kralidis wrote:
[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Jo Cook
+1

Jo

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:36 AM Cameron Shorter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 Cameron
>
> On 20/8/19 3:40 pm, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>
> +1
>
> ..Tom
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 20, 2019, at 08:11, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good evening, the GeoExt project is working on setting up a website page in another email thread.
>
> I would like to make a motion in the hopes of getting the project accepted intimate for the foss4g conference next week.
>
>  - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project
>
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> The project has done a great job on the "basics" we require and has been very helpful digging into the history of their codebase.
>
> 1. The project has  dual license GPL / BSD (with a FAQ for the curious)
> 2. Checking source code headers and history
> 3. Setting up appropriate LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files (for
> github projects)
>
> The project has a development.md which indicates that the project is open for collaboration (what we care about), indeed it goes the extra mile and asks contributors to sign a contribution agreement. While we would recommend adding a CONTRIBUTING.md file with this information the topic is handled.
>
> This motion is held open until August 28th to give this project a chance to be accepted prior to foss4G:
>
> - Bruce Bannerman
> - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
> - Landon Blake
> - Howard Butler
> - Arnulf Christl
> - Jo Cook
> - Jody Garnett +1
> - Dimitris Kotzinos
> - Tom Kralidis
> - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
> - Mark Lucas
> - Steve Lime
> - Daniel Morissette
> - Markus Schneider
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Norman Vine
> - Frank Warmerdam
> --
> Jody Garnett

> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

On 2019-08-20 01:11, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Good evening, the GeoExt project is working on setting up a website page
> in another email thread.
>
> I would like to make a motion in the hopes of getting the project
> accepted intimate for the foss4g conference next week.
>
>   - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project
>
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> The project has done a great job on the "basics" we require and has been
> very helpful digging into the history of their codebase.
>
> 1. The project has  dual license GPL / BSD (with a FAQ for the curious)
> 2. Checking source code headers and history
> 3. Setting up appropriate LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files (for
> github projects)
>
> The project has a development.md
> <https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/blob/master/development.md> which
> indicates that the project is open for collaboration (what we care
> about), indeed it goes the extra mile and asks contributors to sign a
> contribution agreement. While we would recommend adding a
> CONTRIBUTING.md file with this information the topic is handled.
>
> This motion is held open until August 28th to give this project a chance
> to be accepted prior to foss4G:
>
> - Bruce Bannerman
> - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
> - Landon Blake
> - Howard Butler
> - Arnulf Christl
> - Jo Cook
> - Jody Garnett +1
> - Dimitris Kotzinos
> - Tom Kralidis
> - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
> - Mark Lucas
> - Steve Lime
> - Daniel Morissette
> - Markus Schneider
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Norman Vine
> - Frank Warmerdam
> --
> Jody Garnett

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Arnulf Christl-3

+1 Arnulf

Am 20.08.19 um 07:11 schrieb Jody Garnett:
[...]

Digitally Enabling your Business.

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

jody.garnett
I would like to mark this motion as passed, and mention in AGM today ... 7/16 = 43%

So it is not quite the response needed; can anyone who has not replied already please do so (I know I made the time period a bit shorter then usual but I do request your participation).

- Bruce Bannerman +1
- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
- Howard Butler
- Arnulf Christl +1
- Jo Cook +1
- Jody Garnett +1
- Dimitris Kotzinos
- Tom Kralidis +1
- Julien-Samuel Lacroix
- Mark Lucas
- Steve Lime
- Daniel Morissette +1
- Markus Schneider
- Cameron Shorter +1
- Norman Vine
- Frank Warmerdam
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 08:11, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Hi,

+1

For the record s: I'm a member of this project.

Julien

Le 31 août 2019 10:54 a.m., Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

blammo
+1

bobb

On Aug 30, 2019, at 6:04 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.

[...]

Dimitris Kotzinos-3
+0

Dimitris

Re: motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

jody.garnett
Thanks for the additional votes, the motion was held open for the usual two weeks:

 - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project

Sorry for the project team that we could not pass this in time for foss4g.

- Bruce Bannerman +1
- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques +1
- Howard Butler
- Arnulf Christl +1
- Jo Cook +1
- Jody Garnett +1
- Dimitris Kotzinos +0
- Tom Kralidis +1
- Julien-Samuel Lacroix +1
- Mark Lucas
- Steve Lime
- Daniel Morissette +1
- Markus Schneider
- Cameron Shorter +1
- Norman Vine
- Frank Warmerdam

Congrats to the GeoExt project, I have updated the project page and ask that you display the "OSGeo community" logo on the geoext website. I reported an issue to this effect along with a small welcome for the team.
--
Jody Garnett