monitoring with Prometheus

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi all,

I'm trying to monitor geonetwork using Prometheus. I know Geonetwork
provides metrics at the geonetwork/monitor/metrics?pretty=true endpoint,
but they are not in the Prometheus format. Hence 2 questions :

  * can someone tell me for which monitoring tool it was formatted ?
  * did someone find how to scrape these metrics using Prometheus ?

Thanks !

Best,

Jean

--

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant

Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
E-mail : [hidden email]
Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr

Re: monitoring with Prometheus

Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce
On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 5:27 PM Jean Pommier <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to monitor geonetwork using Prometheus. I know Geonetwork
> provides metrics at the geonetwork/monitor/metrics?pretty=true endpoint,
> but they are not in the Prometheus format. Hence 2 questions :
>
>   * can someone tell me for which monitoring tool it was formatted ?
>   * did someone find how to scrape these metrics using Prometheus ?

I think it is not formatted for any specific tool, but for example, you can
find a collectd [1] configuration for reading them here [2]. Metrics are
generated with a previous version of Codehale Metrics, now known as
Dropwizard Metrics [3]. Maybe you could check this integration example [4].

[1] https://collectd.org/
[2]
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/tree/master/monitoring/collectd

[3] https://metrics.dropwizard.io
[4]
https://www.robustperception.io/exposing-dropwizard-metrics-to-prometheus

Regards,
Juan Luis.

--

*Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Juan Luis Rodríguez.
<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: monitoring with Prometheus

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi Juan Luis,

Quite a complete answer ! Thank you a lot,

Best,

Jean

Le 20/12/2018 à 21:58, Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 5:27 PM Jean Pommier
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm trying to monitor geonetwork using Prometheus. I know Geonetwork
>     provides metrics at the geonetwork/monitor/metrics?pretty=true
>     endpoint,
>     but they are not in the Prometheus format. Hence 2 questions :
>
>       * can someone tell me for which monitoring tool it was formatted ?
>       * did someone find how to scrape these metrics using Prometheus ?
>

> I think it is not formatted for any specific tool, but for example,
> you can find a collectd [1] configuration for reading them here [2].
> Metrics are generated with a previous version of Codehale Metrics, now
> known as Dropwizard Metrics [3]. Maybe you could check this
> integration example [4].
>
> [1] https://collectd.org/
> [2]
> https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/tree/master/monitoring/collectd
>
> [3] https://metrics.dropwizard.io
> [4]
> https://www.robustperception.io/exposing-dropwizard-metrics-to-prometheus
>
> Regards,
> Juan Luis.
>

> --
> ***
> Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
>
> Juan Luis Rodríguez.
>
> <http://www.geocat.net/>
> Veenderweg 13
> 6721 WD Bennekom
> The Netherlands
> T: +31 (0)318 416664 <tel:+31318416664>
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv><https://twitter.com/geocat_bv><https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>

> ***

modifying the hml template (v. 3.4.3)

Arnaud Jean-charles-2
Hi all,

I would like to add a simple modification to the page
catalog.search#/metada/... = just remove one tag.
So I modified the file : catalog/views/default/templates/recordView.html
then I clear the XLink, the JS and the CSS cache in the UI
But the changes are not visible. What did I miss ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
ArnO

Arnaud JEAN-CHARLES