mg-desktop and GDAL Plugins

Kori Maleski
Hi all,

Trying to get MrSid to display in mg-desktop 2.5.2

It is working no problem with MapGuide server as per below:

Server\bin\libecwj2.dll
Server\bin\lti_dsdk_dll.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll
Server\Fdo\gdal19.dll
Server\Fdo\geos_c.dll
Server\Fdo\iconv.dll
Server\Fdo\libcurl.dll
Server\Fdo\libexpat.dll
Server\Fdo\libpq.dll
Server\Fdo\libtiff.dll
Server\Fdo\proj.dll
Server\Fdo\spatialite.dll
Server\Fdo\xerces-c_2_8.dll
Server\Fdo\zlib1.dll

Files from:  http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-x64-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip

mg-desktop directory structure does not use a bin folder and the bin files on the server are in the root for desktop.

Is there anything special that has to be done to get the GDAL plugins working for desktop?  I have tried different permutations of folder/dll arrangement but I cannot get Mr Sid to display.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

Re: mg-desktop and GDAL Plugins

Jackie Ng
I got ECW working with custom GDAL for an mg-desktop application I made some time ago.

I don't remember exactly what file went where, but I basically put my mg-desktop application under the scope of Process Monitor and just copy the required dlls into the paths where the application was looking for them.

- Jackie