meeting reminder dec 15

jody.garnett
Meeting reminder for Dec 15

Thanks to Angelos Tzotsos for setting up the above page and populating the agenda topics! If you have anything else to add to the mix please edit :)
--
Jody Garnett

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

Helena Mitasova-7
I added link to the FOSS4G 2018 bidding process wiki page to make the vote more informed
and I also added a budget update item with the link to related wiki page (where I added the preliminary requests from GRASS and Open geoscience community)

Helena

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 3:06 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Meeting reminder for Dec 15
>
> - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-12-15
> - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2016&month=12&day=15&hour=14&min=0&sec=0%2016.00UTC
>
> Thanks to Angelos Tzotsos for setting up the above page and populating the agenda topics! If you have anything else to add to the mix please edit :)
> --
> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
and Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
[hidden email]
http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

jody.garnett
We have a number of outstanding actions from our last meeting that we promised to "take to email". I ask that board members review their time commitment, if we cannot balance the workload between meeting + email we should consider stepping up to two meetings a month.

Now this could be my bad, as chair perhaps I should of taken responsibility to sending an email on each topic:

- Results of the f2f on committee guidelines. While we have had a meeting, and come up with a strategy, we do not have a champion taking responsibility for making this happen. Watching this topic return each month is ... discouraging.

- OSGeo_Budget_2017#Planning - contacting committee chairs for budget / communication guidelines - while agreed to split up the work a number of committees remain uncontacted. This leaves working on a draft budget without their input :(
--
Jody Garnett

On 13 December 2016 at 12:06, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Meeting reminder for Dec 15

Thanks to Angelos Tzotsos for setting up the above page and populating the agenda topics! If you have anything else to add to the mix please edit :)
--
Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

Anita Graser
Hi Jody,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
- OSGeo_Budget_2017#Planning - contacting committee chairs for budget / communication guidelines - while agreed to split up the work a number of committees remain uncontacted. This leaves working on a draft budget without their input :(

​It's a long list, particularly with all PSCs. Maybe we should have resorted to sending one standard mail to each project officer and/or to project PSC list (assuming those exist everywhere?). Anyway, besides PSCs, almost all other committees seem to have been contacted https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017#Committee_Contact_List

See you tomorrow! Best wishes,
Anita

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is a [hidden email] email list; should we sent a standard email there?

​Thanks Jody, I'll use that mailing list to reach out to the PSCs, as discussed at today's meeting.

Best wishes,
Anita​

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

Anita Graser
Hi Sangee,
Thanks for being the scribe for the meeting! Let me know if I can help with putting the motions on Loomio.
Best wishes,
Anita

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

Sanghee Shin

Hi Anita,

Thanks for this. I'm just thinking to put the motion on next week with the minute. However if we need to be in a hurry, I’ll put motions first and minutes later.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2016 12 17일 토요일 오후 8:08
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [Board] meeting reminder dec 15

Hi Sangee,

Thanks for being the scribe for the meeting! Let me know if I can help with putting the motions on Loomio.

Best wishes,

Anita

Re: meeting reminder dec 15

Sanghee Shin

Hi Anita,

I’ve just put all the motions to the Loomio. As a newbie to Loomio, I’m not sure if I’ve put the motions correctly there. If you can check that, that will be appreciated.

Best regards,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2016 12 17일 토요일 오후 8:34
받는 사람: [hidden email]; [hidden email]

On Dec 17, 2016 12:58 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Anita,

I’ve just put all the motions to the Loomio. As a newbie to Loomio, I’m not sure if I’ve put the motions correctly there. If you can check that, that will be appreciated.

Looks great! Thanks!

Anita

Best regards,

신상희 드림