mediaLib accelerator error

gpio Oxxce
Hi list,

My geoserver (1.5 rc2) produces the following error:

Error: Could not find mediaLib accelerator wrapper classes. Continuing in pure Java mode.
Occurs in: com.sun.media.jai.mlib.MediaLibAccessor
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/medialib/mlib/Image

Is something that i have to include in java library path ?

thx

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

Re: mediaLib accelerator error

Justin Deoliveira-4
You need to have jai 1.1.3 and jai image i/o 1.1 extensions installed in
your jdk.

https://jai.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html#Release_builds
https://jai-imageio.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html#Release_builds

-Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project

Re: mediaLib accelerator error

aaime-2
gpio Oxxce ha scritto:
> Hi list,
>
> My geoserver (1.5 rc2) produces the following error:
>
> Error: Could not find mediaLib accelerator wrapper classes. Continuing
> in pure Java mode.
> Occurs in: com.sun.media.jai.mlib.MediaLibAccessor
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/medialib/mlib/Image

You can safely ignore this error. It's just JAI complaining it
can't find the native extensions, and that it will continue in
pure java mode.
If you have the native extensions, raster will be handled with
enhanced performance thought.

Cheers
Andrea

Re: mediaLib accelerator error

gpio Oxxce
Hi all,

I installed the jai and jai io but now i get :
java.lang.SecurityException:
sealing violation: package com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg is sealed

do i have to declare somewhere that geoserver should trust these libraries?

I am using the geoserver 1.5 rc2 bin version. (with jetty)

thx

Andrea Aime <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

gpio Oxxce ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed the jai and jai io but now i get :
> java.lang.SecurityException:
> sealing violation: package com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg is sealed
>
> do i have to declare somewhere that geoserver should trust these libraries?
>
> I am using the geoserver 1.5 rc2 bin version. (with jetty)

Glab! How did you install JAI? I've never seen that error and I have
both jdks with and without jai installed
Cheers
Andrea

Re: mediaLib accelerator error

gpio Oxxce

Glab! How did you install JAI? I've never seen that error and I have
both jdks with and without jai installed
Cheers
Andrea

I have java JRE "1.5.0_11"
and I installed
jai-1_1_3-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
jai_imageio-1_1-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe

Should I choose the jdk ones ?

thx

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

Re: mediaLib accelerator error

Tim Robertson-2

You probably know this, but you must have more than one version of a class
in the com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg package on your classpath, and
it is picking up something from one jar and something else from another as
the JAI jar is apparently sealed... This is the only way you will get this
exception I believe.

Can you dump your full Classpath here please?

Tim

Tim Robertson ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> You probably know this, but you must have more than one version of a class
> in the com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg package on your classpath, and
> it is picking up something from one jar and something else from another as
> the JAI jar is apparently sealed... This is the only way you will get this
> exception I believe.
>
> Can you dump your full Classpath here please?

Oh, then this may explain what's going on. Geoserver ships with jai and
jai image i/o jars included in the webapp libs, to allow people running
geoserver on machines that do not have jai installed.

Theoretically, this is not a problem, because if jai is installed in
the java runtime, it'll be picked up before the ones we ship in the
classpath.

This case is a little pesky because Geoserver as it stands now requires
the jdk being around to compile jsp, and that's probably causing it
to pick a bit of both (using the jai in geoserver when compiling
jsps, but the one in the jre install for the rest, or something similar,
not too sure what is going on in detail).

Can you please install jai in the jdk as well?
Cheers
Andrea