mean of pixel stack

Greg Fiske

Dear list,

Does anyone have some code (or methodology) that they are willing to share that will take a stack of images and

return the mean or std dev. of each pixel stack (pixels that occupy the same space), while ignoring a user define pixel value?

Thanks for any advice,

Greg

Greg Fiske

Research Associate/GIS Manager

The Woods Hole Research Center

149 Woods Hole Road

Falmouth MA, 02540

508-540-9900x139

[hidden email]

http://whrc.org

Re: mean of pixel stack

Neil Best

Greg Fiske wrote
Does anyone have some code (or methodology) that they are willing to share
that will take a stack of images and return the mean or std dev. of each pixel stack (pixels that occupy the same space), while ignoring a user define pixel value?
Greg, I am pretty sure that you could do this in GRASS by first applying MASKs to your input layers so that the values that you want to ignore appear NULL and then use r.series method=average, off the top of my head.  Of course this might mean installing GRASS, loading your data, etc.  Are you comfortable with that prospect?  I can help you with that off-list if you like.

Neil