matrixTransform and black rendering

Chung, James - AES

I’ve come across some troublesome behavior in my attempt to integrate ossimPlanet into an existing application that uses OSG.

The existing application has a simple scenegraph that I’ll represent like this:

     ROOT

     {old, non-ossim scenegraph}

Everything looks fine when I insert a new group node at the root of my scenegraph and add the old scenegraph and the ossimPlanet object as children of this group node, like this:

     ROOT

     {group node}

      +- {old, non-ossim scenegraph}

      +- {new ossimPlanet object}

However, when I try to insert a matrixTransform node so I can scale the ossimPlanet object, as represented below, the ossimPlanet object renders as all black. I can see the outline of the planet, so I know it’s there, but it’s just black. Even if I set the matrixTransform node to identity the ossimPlanet object renders as all black.

     ROOT

     {group node}

      +- {old, non-ossim scenegraph}

      +- {matrixTransform node (for scaling)}

           +- {new ossimPlanet object}

Can anybody give me some insights as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

-Jim

James Chung, Ph.D.

Principal Computer Scientist

ITT – Advanced Engineering & Sciences

22446 Davis Drive

Sterling, VA 20164

[hidden email][hidden email]

703-668-6287 (ofc) – 703-430-9157 (fax)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Re: matrixTransform and black rendering - NEVERMIND!

Chung, James - AES

As Emily Litella used to say, “Nevermind!”

Turns out I was loading in a different dataset than I thought. My bad. Sorry for the unnecessary post.