mapserver, msProjectPoint() error

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mapserver, msProjectPoint() error

Vu, Johnson (EC)

Hi,

 

I’m a student working on a webapp that uses mapserv 6.4.1. I’ve been getting this error in my ms_error.txt and I’m having trouble finding the cause. At first I thought it was a problem with my extents, so I verified all of them with my .shp files and everything was OK. I am using epsg:4326 as my projection. I’ve bolded the two errors I’ve been seeing the most. They fill the error log when I click on a region on the map.

 

Does anyone know possible causes for the error I’ve posted below? I’m very new to mapserv and would appreciate any help.

 

wxo_mapserv/tmp_output/ms_error.txt:

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538763 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538797 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538813 msProjectRect(): some points failed to reproject, doing internal sampling.

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539124 mapserv request processing time (msLoadMap not incl.): 0.352s

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539162 msFreeMap(): freeing map at 0x2188de0.

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].301195 CGI Request 1 on process 31628

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].302266 msWFSParseRequest(): WFS post request: <GetFeature                        service="WFS"

               version="1.1.0"                        srsName="EPSG:900913"                        xmlns:topp="http://www.openplan

s.org/topp"                        xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"                        xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net

/ogc"                        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"                        xsi:schemaLocation="http

://www.opengis.net/wfs                         http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd">                        <Query

typeName="clc_he_site_e" srsName="EPSG:900913">                            <Filter><Intersects>                                <Pr

opertyName>the_geom</PropertyName>                                <Point srsName="EPSG:900913">

<coordinates>-11383613.748454727,6924094.039571445</coordinates>                                </Point>

   </Intersects></Filter>                        </Query>                    </GetFeature>

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303829 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance condition error

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303882 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance condition error

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303909 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance condition error

[Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303954 msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance condition error

 

“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance condition error”                              <- repeats several hundred lines

“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits”     <- repeats several hundred lines

 

 

Post Request param:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<GetFeature xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp" xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" service="WFS" version="1.1.0" srsName="EPSG:900913" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs                         http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd">
   <Query typeName="clc_he_site_e" srsName="EPSG:900913">
      <Filter>
         <Intersects>
            <PropertyName>the_geom</PropertyName>
            <Point srsName="EPSG:900913">
               <coordinates>-11452101.325798245,7031717.375396973</coordinates>
            </Point>
         </Intersects>
      </Filter>
   </Query>
</GetFeature>
 
 

Thanks,

Johnson

 


_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mapserver, msProjectPoint() error

Stephen Woodbridge
I think this error is caused because you have a layer with data defined
in lat,lon and it has coordinatesgreater than +-85.0511287776451 degrees
of latitude or > 180.0 or < -180.0 long.

Coordinates outside that range will generate this error.

-Steve W

On 7/10/2017 7:31 PM, Vu, Johnson (EC) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m a student working on a webapp that uses mapserv 6.4.1. I’ve been
> getting this error in my ms_error.txt and I’m having trouble finding the
> cause. At first I thought it was a problem with my extents, so I
> verified all of them with my .shp files and everything was OK. I am
> using epsg:4326 as my projection. I’ve bolded the two errors I’ve been
> seeing the most. They fill the error log when I click on a region on the
> map.
>
> Does anyone know possible causes for the error I’ve posted below? I’m
> very new to mapserv and would appreciate any help.
>
> wxo_mapserv/tmp_output/ms_error.txt:
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538763 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538797 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538813 msProjectRect(): some points failed to
> reproject, doing internal sampling.
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539124 mapserv request processing time
> (msLoadMap not incl.): 0.352s
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539162 msFreeMap(): freeing map at 0x2188de0.
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].301195 CGI Request 1 on process 31628
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].302266 msWFSParseRequest(): WFS post request:
> <GetFeature                        service="WFS"
>
>                 version="1.1.0"                        
> srsName="EPSG:900913"                        xmlns:topp="http://www.openplan
>
> s.org/topp"                        
> xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"                        
> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net
>
> /ogc"                        
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"                        
> xsi:schemaLocation="http
>
> ://www.opengis.net/wfs                        
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd">                    
>      <Query
>
> typeName="clc_he_site_e"
> srsName="EPSG:900913">                            
> <Filter><Intersects>                                <Pr
>
> opertyName>the_geom</PropertyName>                                <Point
> srsName="EPSG:900913">
>
> <coordinates>-11383613.748454727,6924094.039571445</coordinates>                                
> </Point>
>
>     </Intersects></Filter>                        
> </Query>                    </GetFeature>
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303829 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303882 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303909 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303954 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> *“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance
> condition error”                              <- repeats several hundred
> lines*
>
> *“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: latitude or
> longitude exceeded limits”     <- repeats several hundred lines*
>
> Post Request param:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>||
>
> <GetFeaturexmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp"xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"service="WFS"version="1.1.0"srsName="EPSG:900913"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs                         
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd 
> <http://www.opengis.net/wfs                        %20http:/schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd>">||
>
> ||<QuerytypeName="clc_he_site_e"srsName="EPSG:900913">||
>
> ||<Filter>||
>
> ||<Intersects>||
>
> ||<PropertyName>|the_geom|</PropertyName>||
>
> ||<PointsrsName="EPSG:900913">||
>
> ||<coordinates>|-11452101.325798245,7031717.375396973|</coordinates>||
>
> ||</Point>||
>
> ||</Intersects>||
>
> ||</Filter>||
>
> ||</Query>||
>
> </GetFeature>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johnson
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mapserver-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users
>


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mapserver, msProjectPoint() error

jmckenna
Administrator
In reply to this post by Vu, Johnson (EC)
Hi Johnson,

Welcome to the MapServer community.

Regarding those errors, here are some rules that I always follow, that
may help your case:

- when serving through WMS/WFS etc, always make sure to remove all
errors from a GetCapabilities response first (in your case, there might
be warnings of missing metadata such as "wfs_srs").

- try not to use a non-standard projection (EPSG:900913 was officially
replaced by EPSG:3857 https://epsg.io/3857), you're just asking for
possible trouble down the road if you do...

- just to see if these errors are related to a projection, possibly
setup a test case where your source data is in 4326, you serve the data
through WFS in 4326, and your client-side application requests the data
in 4326 (and see if those errors still exist)

- possibly set the EXTENT values for the map object to the whole world:
-180 -90 180 90

- test your mapfile locally with the shp2img commandline utility
(http://mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html)

Other notes:

I have seen odd projection errors like yours before, somehow being
caused in a client-side javascript application requesting WMS/WFS
layers.  In my case I believe the maps were generated fine, so I might
have 'lived' with those errors, not sure.

-jeff



--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/





On 2017-07-10 8:31 PM, Vu, Johnson (EC) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m a student working on a webapp that uses mapserv 6.4.1. I’ve been
> getting this error in my ms_error.txt and I’m having trouble finding the
> cause. At first I thought it was a problem with my extents, so I
> verified all of them with my .shp files and everything was OK. I am
> using epsg:4326 as my projection. I’ve bolded the two errors I’ve been
> seeing the most. They fill the error log when I click on a region on the
> map.
>
> Does anyone know possible causes for the error I’ve posted below? I’m
> very new to mapserv and would appreciate any help.
>
> wxo_mapserv/tmp_output/ms_error.txt:
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538763 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538797 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].538813 msProjectRect(): some points failed to
> reproject, doing internal sampling.
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539124 mapserv request processing time
> (msLoadMap not incl.): 0.352s
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:29 2017].539162 msFreeMap(): freeing map at 0x2188de0.
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].301195 CGI Request 1 on process 31628
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].302266 msWFSParseRequest(): WFS post request:
> <GetFeature                        service="WFS"
>
>                 version="1.1.0"                        
> srsName="EPSG:900913"                        xmlns:topp="http://www.openplan
>
> s.org/topp"                        
> xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"                        
> xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net
>
> /ogc"                        
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"                        
> xsi:schemaLocation="http
>
> ://www.opengis.net/wfs                        
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd">                    
>      <Query
>
> typeName="clc_he_site_e"
> srsName="EPSG:900913">                            
> <Filter><Intersects>                                <Pr
>
> opertyName>the_geom</PropertyName>                                <Point
> srsName="EPSG:900913">
>
> <coordinates>-11383613.748454727,6924094.039571445</coordinates>                                
> </Point>
>
>     </Intersects></Filter>                        
> </Query>                    </GetFeature>
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303829 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303882 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303909 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> [Mon Jul 10 23:06:35 2017].303954 msProjectPoint(): Projection library
> error. proj says: tolerance condition error
>
> *“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: tolerance
> condition error”                              <- repeats several hundred
> lines*
>
> *“msProjectPoint(): Projection library error. proj says: latitude or
> longitude exceeded limits”     <- repeats several hundred lines*
>
> Post Request param:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>||
>
> <GetFeaturexmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"xmlns:topp="http://www.openplans.org/topp"xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"service="WFS"version="1.1.0"srsName="EPSG:900913"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs                         
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd 
> <http://www.opengis.net/wfs                        %20http:/schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd>">||
>
> ||<QuerytypeName="clc_he_site_e"srsName="EPSG:900913">||
>
> ||<Filter>||
>
> ||<Intersects>||
>
> ||<PropertyName>|the_geom|</PropertyName>||
>
> ||<PointsrsName="EPSG:900913">||
>
> ||<coordinates>|-11452101.325798245,7031717.375396973|</coordinates>||
>
> ||</Point>||
>
> ||</Intersects>||
>
> ||</Filter>||
>
> ||</Query>||
>
> </GetFeature>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johnson
>
>

_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mapserver, msProjectPoint() error

jmckenna
Administrator
Oh another tip is to set the EXTENT parameter at the LAYER level as well
(this is sometimes the magical solution for PostGIS/Oracle/database
layers served through WMS/WFS..).

Hope one of these tips helps you,

-jeff


--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/




On 2017-07-11 9:08 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi Johnson,
>
> Welcome to the MapServer community.
>
> Regarding those errors, here are some rules that I always follow, that
> may help your case:
>
> - when serving through WMS/WFS etc, always make sure to remove all
> errors from a GetCapabilities response first (in your case, there might
> be warnings of missing metadata such as "wfs_srs").
>
> - try not to use a non-standard projection (EPSG:900913 was officially
> replaced by EPSG:3857 https://epsg.io/3857), you're just asking for
> possible trouble down the road if you do...
>
> - just to see if these errors are related to a projection, possibly
> setup a test case where your source data is in 4326, you serve the data
> through WFS in 4326, and your client-side application requests the data
> in 4326 (and see if those errors still exist)
>
> - possibly set the EXTENT values for the map object to the whole world:
> -180 -90 180 90
>
> - test your mapfile locally with the shp2img commandline utility
> (http://mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html)
>
> Other notes:
>
> I have seen odd projection errors like yours before, somehow being
> caused in a client-side javascript application requesting WMS/WFS
> layers.  In my case I believe the maps were generated fine, so I might
> have 'lived' with those errors, not sure.
>
> -jeff
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users