Quantcast

mapserver WMS

Morgan Smith-2

 Hello,

I am trying to get tilecache working with mapserver. It looks like the problem I am having is related to getting mapserver to implement the WMS interface. I found some fragments on this on internet but still haven't got it working.  Rather than sending out an  ugly stacktrace and asking someone to debug my problem, I was hoping to get a link to some resources that explain configuring mapserver as a WMS in general, and / or  integrating tilecache with mapserver.

 Regards
Morgan
San Francisco

Re: mapserver WMS

Tim Schaub-2
Morgan Smith wrote:

> I am trying to get tilecache working with mapserver. It looks like the
> problem I am having is related to getting mapserver to implement the WMS
> interface. I found some fragments on this on internet but still haven't
> got it working.  Rather than sending out an  ugly stacktrace and asking
> someone to debug my problem, I was hoping to get a link to some
> resources that explain configuring mapserver as a WMS in general, and /
> or  integrating tilecache with mapserver.

I've found the MapServer WMS "How To" to be a good reference:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_server

There's nothing special that TileCache needs once you have a valid WMS.

The inline comments in the capabilities doc are also useful in figuring
out what you might be missing in your mapfile configuration.
http://host/path/mapserv?map=mapfile&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities

Good luck,
Tim