mapserv on IIS 10

rgreenwood
I used the the excellent instructions at https://mapserver.org/installation/iis.html to setup MapServer on WIndows Server 2019, IIS 10, FastCGI. It works, but it's not seeing my environment variables. I don't usually run MapServer on Windows but in this case it's a requirement. In previous IIS installs I've just set the environment variables globally outside of IIS and everything was fine. I've done that on this server and also set them a couple places in IIS, but it's not working with this version of Windows and/or IIS. (I'm not a Windows guy so I'm pretty much setting the environment variables everywhere I can). I posted my question to stackoverflow [1]. Anybody have any suggestions that I should try?

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com