mapping featuretypes to a database model

mapping featuretypes to a database model

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
Hi list,

I have heard many times some work is being done on getting Geoserver to
map a featuretype to a certain database model instead of the 1:1 mapping
it does now. I am assuming it will be possible to map the same
featuretype to different database models? Is there any information
available on this project and its timeline? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS

Re: mapping featuretypes to a database model

Justin Deoliveira-3
Hi Bart,

Yes there has been work going on to acheive this. Gabriel has been
heading it up. Here are some docs.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Experimental (Complex DataStore)

We are hoping to fully integrate this functionality into the Geoserver
1.4 stream of development. Which will start after 1.3.0 is released
(mid-january).

-Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira