mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

I've put out a new release of mapguide-react-layout.

Download: https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-react-layout/releases/tag/v0.9.5

Summary of changes detailed in my blog post.

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/announcing-mapguide-react-layout-095.html

- Jackie

Re: mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

Jackie Ng
I've released 0.9.6 which makes the new layer transparency sliders work on maps where you don't have any external base layers (OSM, Bing, etc) configured.

- Jackie

Re: mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

GordonL
Hi Jackie,
what is the feeling on making the the React viewer the new "viewer" for MapGuide?  Move away from Basic/AJAX and Fusion?

gordon

Re: mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

blammo
All,

Just a thought here, but I wonder if GeoMOOSE(3.0) might not fit in here as an option as well.

It’s been completely refactored with React, Redux and OpenLayers4 in the last few months.  Version 3.0 is just about ready to go out the door.

Depending on the Mapguide service hooks, it might provide for a nice jump point into an upgraded Viewer.

bobb

On Aug 1, 2017, at 2:28 PM, GordonL <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jackie,
what is the feeling on making the the React viewer the new "viewer" for
MapGuide?  Move away from Basic/AJAX and Fusion?

gordon

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- Buckminster Fuller

Re: mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

Jackie Ng
This problem is already solved for us. mapguide-react-layout uses the same React/Redux/OL+ stack :)

- Jackie

Re: mapguide-react-layout 0.9.5 released

Jackie Ng
There's still major adopters of Fusion out there (Topobase Web), so we can't really say Fusion is going away.

As it stands, I'm happy to keep mapguide-react-layout as its own thing as an alternative 3rd-party map viewer option rather than being a full replacement of the AJAX/Fusion viewer options.

- Jackie