mapbuilder with firefox + firebug problem

mapbuilder with firefox + firebug problem

marcosh
Hi all!
I have downloaded mapbuilder from the svn repository (head revision,
3996) and installed it .
It has worked fine with Firefox 2 and IE 7 even with Firefox 3, but with
Firefox 3 after enabling firebug (v 1.2.0b3) I got these two errors:

Permission denied to get property Element.tagName
 } else if(oDoc.documentElement.tagName == "parsererror"){
Sarissa.js
Line 477

config is undefined
config.parseConfig(config);
Mapbuilder.js
Line 304

and the map and the widgets aren't displayed.
Is it a firebug issue? Is there  any  way  to  solve it?

Thanx!

Re: mapbuilder with firefox + firebug problem

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

we don't know exactly what causes this issue. But obviously it has to
do with Firebug. There is already a ticket for it
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-548), but it is still unclear to
me whether it's caused by Sarissa or by Mapbuilder. At some point, we
will have to file an issue with Firebug, but we will need a stripped
down example to show the problem.

So the only thing you can do for now when using Firefox 3 is to disable Firebug.

Regards,
Andreas.

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 1:48 PM, marcos hermida
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
> I have downloaded mapbuilder from the svn repository (head revision,
> 3996) and installed it .
> It has worked fine with Firefox 2 and IE 7 even with Firefox 3, but with
> Firefox 3 after enabling firebug (v 1.2.0b3) I got these two errors:
>
> Permission denied to get property Element.tagName
>  } else if(oDoc.documentElement.tagName == "parsererror"){
> Sarissa.js
> Line 477
>
> config is undefined
> config.parseConfig(config);
> Mapbuilder.js
> Line 304
>
> and the map and the widgets aren't displayed.
> Is it a firebug issue? Is there  any  way  to  solve it?
>
> Thanx!

Re: mapbuilder with firefox + firebug problem

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi all,

I found out that the Venkman debugger works with firefox 3 and
Mapbuilder. I hope this will help people to get their mapbuilder
setup working again in firefox 3 (apart from the firebug-bug that is)

regards,
Steven

Steven M. Ottens -==- http://research.geodan.nl/planet