mapbender installation

Thomas R.-2
Dear list,

what does this mean:

Create a virtual directory. Edit /etc/apache/httpd.conf:

I'm using the ms4w package. I didn't found a /etc/....

what must I do???

Thanks for your help!!!

thomas

Satte Provisionen f?r GMX Partner: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/partner

Re: mapbender installation

tadams
Thomas R. wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> what does this mean:
>
> Create a virtual directory. Edit /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
>
> I'm using the ms4w package. I didn't found a /etc/....
>
> what must I do???
>

> Thanks for your help!!!
>

> thomas

Thomas,

go to the directory c/ms4w/apache/conf/ and edit the httpd.conf file
(ascii-editor) go to line 478. There is the Alias setting for the Alias
"/icons". Copy the whole stuff, paste it in line 488 and replace icons
with mapbender and link the path to your mapbender-foolder, e.g.

ms4w/apache/htdocs/mapbender/http/

restart apache, open firefox/IE/... and go to

http://localhost/mapbender/

that's it ;-)

--

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
[hidden email] * http://www.terrestris.de

Re: mapbender installation

Jeff McKenna-2
there is also a readme named "README_HTTPD.txt" in \ms4w\httpd.d\ with
specific instructions for this.

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna