mapbender - increase automatic logout time

mapbender - increase automatic logout time

Karsten-3-2
Hi All,

would anyone know how I can increase the time when a MapBender user will need to log into MapBender again.
Some users reported having to log in after a very short time. I was thinking that there should be a parameter in php.ini but not sure which is the correct one to increase the time for automatic logout affecting MapBender.
Is that done with the parameter session.gc_maxlifetime  ?

Any hints how to solve this?
Cheers
Karsten

Re: mapbender - increase automatic logout time

Charlotte Toma

Hello Karsten,

you can use the parameter "cookie_lifetime" in the parameters.yaml (app/config/parameters.yml in mapbender-folder).

The default-value is 3600 and means, that the user is logged out after 60 minutes. If you want to disable the logout so the user can stay logged in as long as the browser remains open you can set this parameter to 0. =

cookie_lifetime = 0

Documentation of symfony-parameter: https://symfony-documentations.readthedocs.io/en/2.6/components/http_foundation/session_configuration.html#session-cookie-lifetime

Greetings

Charlotte Toma

WhereGroup

Am 24.07.19 um 14:12 schrieb karsten:
Hi All,

would anyone know how I can increase the time when a MapBender user will need to log into MapBender again.
Some users reported having to log in after a very short time. I was thinking that there should be a parameter in php.ini but not sure which is the correct one to increase the time for automatic logout affecting MapBender.
Is that done with the parameter session.gc_maxlifetime  ?

Any hints how to solve this?
Cheers
Karsten

 Kompaktkurs Aufbau einer GDI mit Open-Source-Software
 FOSS Academy Sommerschule: 23. bis 27.09.2019
 https://www.foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse.html

-------------------------------
Charlotte Toma
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG