mapagent.fcgi stops working on IIS: I have to restart application pool

mapagent.fcgi stops working on IIS: I have to restart application pool

Znarf1965
Hi Everybody,

I use Mapguide 2.5.2.7949 on IIS.

Sometimes mapagent.fcgi stops working, this manly happens on heavy load time. When Mapguide does not responds:
- I get a 559 error code if I try to make any call to http web api or if I try to connect by use of Maestro.
- IIS is on
- Mapguide service is on
I solve by restarting application pool “MapGuide30AppPool”.

Are there anybody who experimented the same problem?...
Are the any configuration I can do on application pool to avoid the problem?...

Best regards

Francesco

Re: mapagent.fcgi stops working on IIS: I have to restart application pool

johnnyT
Hi Francesco,
we have the same problem, from the date we migrated from IMS2013 to MGOS2.6 !
We still have the problem in a production system (less or more once a day)
It would be great to get help from some MGOS developers...is there any Jackie out there? :)

Regargs
johnny

Re: mapagent.fcgi stops working on IIS: I have to restart application pool

GordonL
I think it might have to do with the timeouts in IIS and the timeouts in the serverconfig.ini.

Either MAPGUIDE is releasing the connection but not IIS or vice versa.  I have this issue on a 2.6.1 site now and I am still trying to get the two timeouts to behave.