mapFrame.DigitizePoint fails in Ie9

soudemans
Hi,

One of the functions that returns a point (x,y coordinates) when the user clicks on the map fails when invoked in Ie9, giving us a "HTTP 404", The Resource cannot be found error (See code below).  We have tested it on several Ie platforms and the program only fails on 9.  Has anyone seen this or something like it before, and if so do you have any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks,

function btnRecordMainBrkOnClick() {
    alert("Please digitize a point along the selected watermain to indicate the approximate location of the main break")
    parent.parent.mapFrame.DigitizePoint(OnPointDigitized);
}

function OnPointDigitized(point) {
    var vResultSelect = document.getElementById("resultSelect");
    var vMainId = vResultSelect.value;
    var vXcoord = point.X
    var vYcoord = point.Y
    var MaintenanceFormWindow;
    if (vResultSelect.selectedIndex >= 0) {
        var vURL = "WtrMainBreakEnter.aspx?FORMMODE=DIGITIZE&MAINID=" + vMainId + "&XCOORD=" + vXcoord + "&YCOORD=" + vYcoord;
        var vName = "WtrMainBreakEnterForm";
        var vAtt = "status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,titlebar=no";
        window.open(vURL, vName, vAtt, true);
    }
}

Re: mapFrame.DigitizePoint fails in Ie9

zspitzer
which version of mapguide?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:21 AM, soudemans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of the functions that returns a point (x,y coordinates) when the user
> clicks on the map fails when invoked in Ie9, giving us a "HTTP 404", The
> Resource cannot be found error (See code below).  We have tested it on
> several Ie platforms and the program only fails on 9.  Has anyone seen this
> or something like it before, and if so do you have any suggestions for a
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> function btnRecordMainBrkOnClick() {
>    alert("Please digitize a point along the selected watermain to indicate
> the approximate location of the main break")
>    parent.parent.mapFrame.DigitizePoint(OnPointDigitized);
> }
>
> function OnPointDigitized(point) {
>    var vResultSelect = document.getElementById("resultSelect");
>    var vMainId = vResultSelect.value;
>    var vXcoord = point.X
>    var vYcoord = point.Y
>    var MaintenanceFormWindow;
>    if (vResultSelect.selectedIndex >= 0) {
>        var vURL = "WtrMainBreakEnter.aspx?FORMMODE=DIGITIZE&MAINID=" +
> vMainId + "&XCOORD=" + vXcoord + "&YCOORD=" + vYcoord;
>        var vName = "WtrMainBreakEnterForm";
>        var vAtt =
> "status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,titlebar=no";
>        window.open(vURL, vName, vAtt, true);
>    }
> }

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

RE: mapFrame.DigitizePoint fails in Ie9

soudemans

2.2, 32 bit running on Windows 7, 64 bit server

Re: mapFrame.DigitizePoint fails in Ie9

Jackie Ng
Relative urls in the ajax viewer are relative to the ajax viewer virtual dir.

So unless WtrMainBreakEnter.aspx is under http://yourservername/mapguide/mapviewerajax or http://yourservername/mapguide/mapviewernet it will probably 404

- Jackie

RE: mapFrame.DigitizePoint fails in Ie9

soudemans
This post was updated on .
Thanks Jackie for your suggestion.  I tried the full URL (as opposed to
a virtual URL) which I believe should have solved the problem.  The
change is as follows:

       function btnEditMainBrkOnClick() {
              var vMainBrkSelect = document.getElementById("MainBreakSelect");
              var vMainBrkID = vMainBrkSelect.value;
              var MaintenanceFormWindow;
              if (vMainBrkSelect.selectedIndex >= 0) {
                  var vURL = "http://servername/website/App_Forms/WtrMainBreakEnter.aspx?MAINBRKID="
                      + vMainBrkID;
                  var vName = "WtrMainBreakEnterForm";
                  var vAtt = "status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,
                      resizable=yes,titlebar=no";
                  window.open(vURL, vName, vAtt, true);
              }

This worked for me in Ie8 but not for the client using Ie9.  Based on
these findings I have a feeling that the problem has more to do with Ie9
than the URL, virtual or otherwise.  Any other suggestions?

open URL for features in a specific frame in Fusion viewer

Peter von Barth

Hi!

Is it possible  to open url activated for features in a specified frame.

I have my map embedded in a frame and would like to open hyperlinks for features in the _parent frame rather than in the main frame. This was  simple to change in the Ajax viewer. But I how do I do this in the fusion viewer?

I’m running mapguide 2.1 on windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 64 and using maestro 4.0

Best regards //Peter

Re: open URL for features in a specific frame in Fusion viewer

northtron
parent.TaskFrame

etc

keep stacking parents. until you get back to where you gotta go