map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

ankur chitranshi
Dear All,

 Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script ) Zoom In & Zoom Out , work as similar to google zooming ..

thanks in advance

--
thanks & regards
Ankur Chitranshi

Re: map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

Vladimir

Hi Ankur,

Why don' t you use client-side interaction?
For example Openlayers has this ability out-of-box.

Dear All,

 Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script ) Zoom In & Zoom Out , work as similar to google zooming ..

thanks in advance

--
thanks & regards
Ankur Chitranshi

Re: map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

ankur chitranshi
Dear Vladimir

that is ok,

but i am also want to made the same as in ms4w(map script mode) also....

Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script ) Zoom In & Zoom Out , work as similar to google map, zooming ..

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Vladimir <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ankur,

Why don' t you use client-side interaction?
For example Openlayers has this ability out-of-box.

Dear All,

 Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script ) Zoom In & Zoom Out , work as similar to google zooming ..

thanks in advance

--
thanks & regards
Ankur Chitranshi

thanks & regards
Ankur Chitranshi

Re: map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

Jörg Thomsen
Hello,

MapServer does not provide any zoom-functionality, it only generates
maps or maptiles (and some other geodata). any interaction has to be
done client-sided. I think you need sth like OpenLayers or Leaflet.

> but i am also want to made the same as in ms4w(map script mode)
can you point us to the exact example?

Jörg

Am 10.07.2015 um 09:25 schrieb ankur chitranshi:

> Dear Vladimir
>
> that is ok,
>
> but i am also want to made the same as in ms4w(map script mode) also....
>
> Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script ) Zoom In &
> Zoom Out , work as similar to google map, zooming ..
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Vladimir <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ankur,
>
>     Why don' t you use client-side interaction?
>     For example Openlayers has this ability out-of-box.
>

>         Dear All,
>
>          Kindly help me out, for improving my map server(map script )
>         Zoom In & Zoom Out , work as similar to google zooming ..
>
>         thanks in advance
>
>         --
>         thanks & regards
>         Ankur Chitranshi

> thanks & regards
> Ankur Chitranshi

Re: map server (map script mode) zoom in and zoom out like google zooming

Vladimir
Ankur,

i am not familiar with ms4w, but it seems the principle is general.
First you need to configure WMS service, then to request it from client-side.

Example for a line data in Postgis, PHP Mapscript 6.4.1 and OpenLayers 3:

yourMapFile.map
----------
MAP
NAME "youMapName"
STATUS ON
UNITS METERS
OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME 'AGG'
DRIVER AGG/PNG
IMAGEMODE RGB
END #OUTPUTFORMAT
STATUS ON
WEB
METADATA
wms_title "youMap"
wms_abstract "youMap"
wms_onlineresource "http://localhost/youCode.php"
wms_srs "EPSG:3857"
wms_enable_request "*"
wms_encoding "utf-8"
END # end METADATA
END # end WEB
PROJECTION
"init=epsg:3857"
END # end PROJECTION
END # end MAP
-------------

youCode.php
-----------
$map = new Mapobj("yourMapFile.map");
$request = new OwsrequestObj();
foreach ($_GET as $key => $value){
$request->setparameter($key, $value);
}
$layer = ms_newLayerObj($map);
$layer->set('status', MS_ON);
$layer->set('name', 'yourLayerName');
$layer->setConnectionType(MS_POSTGIS);
$layer->set('connection', 'user=yourUser password=yourPass dbname=yourDB host=localhost');
$layer->set('type',MS_LAYER_LINE);
$layer->set("data","geom from (select id, geom from yourTable
where ST_Intersects(geom, !BOX!)) as subquery using unique id using srid=3857");
$class = ms_newClassObj($layer);
$class->set('name', 'yourClassName');
$style = ms_newStyleObj($class);
$style->color->setRGB(255,174,0);
$style->outlinecolor->setRGB(255,255,255);
$style->set('outlinewidth', 1);
$style->set('minwidth',5);
ms_ioinstallstdouttobuffer();
$map->owsDispatch($request);
$contenttype = ms_iostripstdoutbuffercontenttype();
header('Content-type:'.$contenttype);
ms_iogetStdoutBufferBytes();
ms_ioresethandlers();

request from client-side
var youWmsSource = new ol.source.ImageWMS({
url: 'http://localhost/youCode.php?',
params: {'LAYERS':'yourLayerName'},
serverType: 'mapserver'
});