m.dem.extract

Richard O. Flamm
m.dem.extract

I am importing DEM data from a 9-track tape (the tape drive is local).
The region (for western N. Carolina) has been rechecked several times.

The command I used was:
m.dem.extract input=/dev/nrst2 output=samabdem blocksize=8192.

The program seems to be working at first, as the following output suggested
to me:
PRENTISS, NC 35 00 00 -83 30 00m 40000 NH
min elevation: 626.000000 max elevation: 1531.000000
ns_res: 30.000000 ew_res:30.000000
# columns in file = 391

PRENTISS represents 1 of 14 7.5 minute quads worth of DEM data I am trying to
extract.  After the output for the 14th file is displayed on the screen, I
get the following messages:

get_int: error reading number:
 (     )
get_float: error reading number:
 (     )
get_float: error reading number:
 (     )
get_float: error reading number:
 (     )
get_int: error reading number:
 (     )
get_int: error reading number:
 (     )
segmentation fault (core dumped)

The DEM data are not written out to a file.

Any Ideas, Thanks

Richard Flamm
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Re: m.dem.extract

Pam Sydelko-2
I had the same problem awhile back and was told to get the new m.dem.extract
off the moon.  I did just that and the new version took care of the problem.

Pam Sydelko
Argonne National Laboratory