lwgeom: regress tests

Sandro Santilli-2
All regress tests run with no problems for me.

Just a note. I do not have a 'postgres' user, so I had
to remove the \c line on top of regres_lots_of_points.sql

If this is not a problem I'd remove the 'You are now connected as...'
line from the expected result.

--strk;

Re: lwgeom: regress tests

Carl Anderson-2
On 06/08/2004 05:05:23 AM, strk wrote:

> All regress tests run with no problems for me.
>
> Just a note. I do not have a 'postgres' user, so I had
> to remove the \c line on top of regres_lots_of_points.sql
>
> If this is not a problem I'd remove the 'You are now connected as...'
> line from the expected result.
>
> --strk;

Another problem for me was on createdb

createdb -T template0 lwgeom_reg

will derive from template0 not the usual template1.

template0 is always clean whilst template1 may have localizations
tsearch, plpgsql, postgis, ...

C.

Re: lwgeom: regress tests

Sandro Santilli-2
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 11:13:33AM +0000, Carl Anderson wrote:

> On 06/08/2004 05:05:23 AM, strk wrote:
> >All regress tests run with no problems for me.
> >
> >Just a note. I do not have a 'postgres' user, so I had
> >to remove the \c line on top of regres_lots_of_points.sql
> >
> >If this is not a problem I'd remove the 'You are now connected as...'
> >line from the expected result.
> >
> >--strk;
> >
> Another problem for me was on createdb
>
> createdb -T template0 lwgeom_reg
>
> will derive from template0 not the usual template1.
>
> template0 is always clean whilst template1 may have localizations
> tsearch, plpgsql, postgis, ...

plpgsql and postgis are loaded by regression tests.
did localizations or other thikngs make regress fail ?

--strk;

> C.

Re: lwgeom: regress tests

Carl Anderson-2-2
strk wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 11:13:33AM +0000, Carl Anderson wrote:
>
>>On 06/08/2004 05:05:23 AM, strk wrote:
>>
>>>All regress tests run with no problems for me.
>>>
>>>Just a note. I do not have a 'postgres' user, so I had
>>>to remove the \c line on top of regres_lots_of_points.sql
>>>
>>>If this is not a problem I'd remove the 'You are now connected as...'
>>>line from the expected result.
>>>
>>>--strk;
>>>

>>Another problem for me was on createdb
>>
>>createdb -T template0 lwgeom_reg
>>
>>will derive from template0 not the usual template1.
>>
>>template0 is always clean whilst template1 may have localizations
>>tsearch, plpgsql, postgis, ...
>

> plpgsql and postgis are loaded by regression tests.
> did localizations or other thikngs make regress fail ?
>
> --strk;

plpgsql is in my template1
it causes a message to stderr but the normal output still works ok and
regression tests pass.

My point is that unless you start with template0 you are not starting
from a known quantity.

C.

>>C.

Carl Anderson
GIS Manager, Fulton County E&CD
404.730.8026

Re: lwgeom: regress tests

Sandro Santilli-2
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:40:18AM -0400, Carl Anderson wrote:

> strk wrote:

> >>Another problem for me was on createdb
> >>
> >>createdb -T template0 lwgeom_reg
> >>
> >>will derive from template0 not the usual template1.
> >>
> >>template0 is always clean whilst template1 may have localizations
> >>tsearch, plpgsql, postgis, ...
> >

> >plpgsql and postgis are loaded by regression tests.
> >did localizations or other thikngs make regress fail ?
> >
> >--strk;
> >

> plpgsql is in my template1
> it causes a message to stderr but the normal output still works ok and
> regression tests pass.
>
> My point is that unless you start with template0 you are not starting
> from a known quantity.
>

> C.

Ooh. Now I got it, I tought you were suggesting to start from template1.
Yes. I agree with you. But template0 was introduced somewhen after pg71
if I'm not wrong... I'd leave it as it is as far as it does not
compromise the test result.
--strk;

Re: lwgeom: regress tests

David Blasby-3
strk wrote:

> All regress tests run with no problems for me.
>
> Just a note. I do not have a 'postgres' user, so I had
> to remove the \c line on top of regres_lots_of_points.sql
>
> If this is not a problem I'd remove the 'You are now connected as...'
> line from the expected result.

This is fine to do.

There could possibly be permission problems, but they should be pretty
obvious and easy to correct.

dave